What do you for pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Collie

Re: What do you for pain?

#16 Post by Collie »

I've been in braces for 6 months now, and haven't really experienced any pain until my last adjustment. I got bite turbos and brackets put on my very back molars and between the weird bite, pokey wires, and additional jabby metal these last 3 weeks have been miserable :cry: I've been dealing by using advil, salt water rinses, and wine certainly doesn't hurt :)

djspeece

#17 Post by djspeece »

plocon wrote:I use klonopin, it truly is a magical drug... but be careful with it. Most doctors are wussies to give them out though.
Well yeah, it's a benzodiazepine like valium or Ativan. :-+
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

plocon

#18 Post by plocon »

[quote="djspeece"][quote="plocon"]I use klonopin, it truly is a magical drug... but be careful with it. Most doctors are wussies to give them out though.[/quote]

Well yeah, it's a benzodiazepine like valium or Ativan. :-+[/quote]

I'm just sayiiiin... What's with the emoji HAHA xD

djspeece

#19 Post by djspeece »

plocon wrote:
djspeece wrote:
plocon wrote:I use klonopin, it truly is a magical drug... but be careful with it. Most doctors are wussies to give them out though.
Well yeah, it's a benzodiazepine like valium or Ativan. :-+
I'm just sayiiiin... What's with the emoji HAHA xD
They ain't candy.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

plocon

#20 Post by plocon »

[quote="djspeece"][quote="plocon"][quote="djspeece"]

Well yeah, it's a benzodiazepine like valium or Ativan. :-+[/quote]

I'm just sayiiiin... What's with the emoji HAHA xD[/quote]

They ain't candy.[/quote]

I never said they were o.O

assertives

#21 Post by assertives »

I honestly haven't really had much pain since getting my braces. I'm 2 months in. But I do have high pain tolerance.

That said, last appointment was kinda brutal tho, I had poking wires and blood ulcers. But nothing to the point where I need to take painkillers.

Scandalicious

#22 Post by Scandalicious »

Nurofen for me if needed.

Jennilyn

#23 Post by Jennilyn »

[quote="Okey2017"]I take nothing for my pain. I just tolerate it. I have a very high pain tolerance.[/quote]

Ditto!