New here!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bbyrd

New here!

#1 Post by Bbyrd »

Making my first post!! I go for my 2nd ortho appt on the 17th. I'm excited but SOOOOO scared because I don't want to get any teeth pulled. I'm hoping to go around that part! Haha
I'll be 34 tomorrow, so I know I'm getting a late start! That's what brought me here!

EmilyTravels

Re: New here!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

I am new too and a lot older than you. :-) I am currently in the waiting stage for an ortho consult since having oral surgery in May. I fractured my jaw in a bike accident, and my oral surgeon says I am going to need braces to finish the work he started (jaw wiring with arch bars). I agree as my bite is still not what it was before the accident. I had braces in my pre-teen years and never thought I'd be getting them again at 56.

Good luck to us both!

throne

#3 Post by throne »

Congrats on getting the ball rolling. This forum has helped me realize it's better late than never when it comes to getting braces! :HugeGrin:

cauchy

#4 Post by cauchy »

Hi! I'm also new and just recently got my braces. I was terrified because I needed extractions, but the extractions went a lot better than I expected!

Good luck!

Bbyrd

#5 Post by Bbyrd »

I got my spacers today! Upper and lower expanders go on next Monday! Glad to finally get started and reeeeally praying the expanders work!! :)