10 months down and ?? months to go

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

miluti

10 months down and ?? months to go

#1 Post by miluti »

Just lookin' for a little encouragement.

2 extractions (my remaining two canines) and 10 months down... I feel like it'll never end, so I make myself some "before and after" photos here and there.

Nice to see the added room for my tongue on the bottom and the more ...erm...90 degree "standing" position (not sure what else to call it hahaha) of my teeth (as opposed to those weird caved-in angles).

My midline needs to be centred after years of shifting to the left still (my right canines were removed recently to equal things out (my left canines were removed in childhood/adolescence) and allow room for things to shift back to centre)... I also expect I'll need some bite "fine tuning", but - I'm getting there...sloooowly.... :GapToothed:

Bare with me - trying my hand at adding a photo...hopefully this works (yes I have damon brackets, but I like the colourful elastics and needed a powerchain anyway :mrgreen: ):
20182262_10154559376686510_995099939_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- TL canine pulled approx 1998 (childhood)
- BL canine pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- 4 impacted WT pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- Braced (damon, top and bottom) Sep 2016
- BR canine pulled Feb 2017
- TMJ issues Mar 2017
- TR canine pulled Jun 2017
- TR extraction gap FINALLY closed July 2018
- Set to debond on Sept 21, 2018! :jump:

Tyrantblade

Re: 10 months down and ?? months to go

#2 Post by Tyrantblade »

You will get there, my only question is why the canines for extractions? Its like one of the most obvious extractions, premolars are so much less obvious, which is why they are way more typical.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

miluti

#3 Post by miluti »

Tyrantblade wrote:You will get there, my only question is why the canines for extractions? Its like one of the most obvious extractions, premolars are so much less obvious, which is why they are way more typical.
I didn't get that choice. Like explained in my post above, I had the right-side canines removed to balance out the fact that my left canines are long since gone (childhood extractions). :ThumbsDown:

My parents could not afford braces when I was growing up, so we had to pull the "fangs" that were beginning to cause pain and infections (top was in front of all my teeth, bottom was behind them all). **my signature explains my age/dates for all of my extractions. Now that I am an adult and can afford braces on my own dime, it was either pull the right side canines and have my smile be even (and move my midline back to centre), or leave it and have my teeth be 3-4mm off in every photo I take after spending $6K on my teeth... I chose to make things even and put my midline back to centre. :thumbsup:

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

Tyrantblade

#4 Post by Tyrantblade »

miluti wrote:
Tyrantblade wrote:You will get there, my only question is why the canines for extractions? Its like one of the most obvious extractions, premolars are so much less obvious, which is why they are way more typical.
I didn't get that choice. Like explained in my post above, I had the right-side canines removed to balance out the fact that my left canines are long since gone (childhood extractions). :ThumbsDown:

My parents could not afford braces when I was growing up, so we had to pull the "fangs" that were beginning to cause pain and infections (top was in front of all my teeth, bottom was behind them all). **my signature explains my age/dates for all of my extractions. Now that I am an adult and can afford braces on my own dime, it was either pull the right side canines and have my smile be even (and move my midline back to centre), or leave it and have my teeth be 3-4mm off in every photo I take after spending $6K on my teeth... I chose to make things even and put my midline back to centre. :thumbsup:
Well, i get it now.

It must suck, but you are making the best out of a bad situation, and you will not regret it when things start coming together.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

miluti

#5 Post by miluti »

Tyrantblade wrote:Well, i get it now.

It must suck, but you are making the best out of a bad situation, and you will not regret it when things start coming together.
Thanks bud. :) It's not an ideal situation, but I'm doing my best with the cards I've been dealt. 8)

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

sandiego88

#6 Post by sandiego88 »

wow! your bottom teeth look so good!

miluti

#7 Post by miluti »

sandiego88 wrote:wow! your bottom teeth look so good!
Thank you!! I would like them to be straight across like little chicklets but I dunno if that's something that can be done (shaving/messing with how deeply rooted they are/ :Questions: /etc)... otherwise, they look pretty good!! :-*

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

sandiego88

#8 Post by sandiego88 »

miluti wrote:
sandiego88 wrote:wow! your bottom teeth look so good!
Thank you!! I would like them to be straight across like little chicklets but I dunno if that's something that can be done (shaving/messing with how deeply rooted they are/ :Questions: /etc)... otherwise, they look pretty good!! :-*
They'll definitely get leveled out. When I switched to the rectangular finishing wire, that was when my ortho started using bends to level out my teeth.

miluti

#9 Post by miluti »

sandiego88 wrote:They'll definitely get leveled out. When I switched to the rectangular finishing wire, that was when my ortho started using bends to level out my teeth.
The rectangular stainless steel wire? I've had those for a few months now. He bent the bottom one a bit this time to tighten the arch up a bit I think... So maybe more bends like that in my future? I have little triangle gaps on either side of my four front teeth from where my canines were. I'm interested to see if he can minimize those some more, but - my lips naturally cover them so I'm not too worried. It's all such a process - and a mysterious one at that!! ;) ;)

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

sandiego88

#10 Post by sandiego88 »

Yep, the rectangular stainless steel one. I had a straggler tooth that was uneven on the bottom front and it's taken till my last adjustment to get it perfectly even with the rest. Everytime he tried to get it in line one of the teeth next to it would also move or a gap would open up. I had black triangles too and he did a little IPR (my bottom teeth are triangular) and then put two power chains on to close the gaps. I still have one noticeable black triangle, but like you my lip covers it up.