Cost of your braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sideways

Re: Cost of your braces

#46 Post by Sideways »

$8700 - $2000 from insurance $6700 out of pocket in California (SF Bay Area). On top of that, another $1500 for a TAD-assisted expander.

Double jaw surgery will most likely (hopefully) be covered by insurance.

carebearsd

#47 Post by carebearsd »

$5200 3M clear top and metal bottom. California. Using my FSA. Palate expander included and retainers. Xrays and impressions also included.

ReaJT

#48 Post by ReaJT »

I live in Scotland. 32 years old and for cosmetic reasons. Top and bottom ceramics privately costing £3200. Expected treatment time 15-18 months and that includes a years aftercare.

Bracefacemom47

#49 Post by Bracefacemom47 »

My daughter's were $5800 With one ortho, half coveted by insurance and mine were $4100 with a different orth, not coveted by insurance because I'm not under age 18. North central Texas