Appointments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelleyt

Re: Appointments

#16 Post by Shelleyt »

Was originally every 4-5 weeks, now every 2. But there are certain parts of my treatment right now that require more frequent adjustments and I am also using the acceledent, so that may move my appts to occur my frequently than they would have been

ProudMama1015

#17 Post by ProudMama1015 »

I usually have them every 5 weeks but my most recent appointment was only 2 weeks after the last one and I have another one that is 3 weeks from the one I just had on the 2nd.

19Hawaii81

#18 Post by 19Hawaii81 »

Has the use of acceledent actually sped up treatment time? I have been using one but can't tell different when I don't use it. Any input appreciated.

assertives

#19 Post by assertives »

My appointments so far have been 4 weeks apart and I have had only 2 adjustments so far.

2Low4U

#20 Post by 2Low4U »

Every 6-8 Weeks For Me So Far.

Scandalicious

#21 Post by Scandalicious »

Mine have been every 4 weeks

WanderingWallflower

#22 Post by WanderingWallflower »

4-5 weeks here!

Ravenclaw

#23 Post by Ravenclaw »

My first adjustment happened after 8 weeks, but the wait for the second one is just 4 weeks. I think there hadn't been much progress on my retroclined lower incisor, so the ortho decided I needed to come back sooner.

Aaeolien

#24 Post by Aaeolien »

8 weeks between last one and the one I just had. 8 weeks until the next. Seems very spread out. All good though we went to bigger wires and OUCH. LOL

EmilyTravels

#25 Post by EmilyTravels »

My next appointment is 6 weeks out. I have self-ligating braces (Speed system, similar to Damon), which supposedly increases the length between appointments and decreases the # of appointments needed. Fine with me! :)

FlowerPower

#26 Post by FlowerPower »

My appointments are usually 6-8 weeks out and I have regular ceramic braces. At first I thought that would cause my teeth to shift slowly but in the few months I've had them they have actually shifted quite a bit. :shock:

sannarana

#27 Post by sannarana »

Hello! I got speed system self ligating braces about 10 days ago and So far it’s going well. just worried that I don’t feel any tension in the wire anymore, or tension in the teeth, don’t know how to put ir. But I guess that’s normal at rhis point? Just worried that no pain means no effect :/

Anyone who had the same doubth?

tiffingirl

#28 Post by tiffingirl »

I still have my first archwire and it has been nearly 3 months since I was braced! I have self-litigating braces so longer time between adjustments I guess.
Braced date 16 Aug 2018
Diagnosis Class II Division 2 malocclusion, anterior deep bite (100%), mild overjet, moderate crowding lower, mild crowding upper.
Type Damon clear upper, Damon metal lower
Expected Duration 18-24 months
Desired goals widen smile, bite correction

Jami1

#29 Post by Jami1 »

Usually every 4-6 weeks to see ortho, but I tend to have the elastics changed every 2-3 due to staining and I only see the assistant for those

hereorthere

#30 Post by hereorthere »

wow, i realized i go to my ortho very often after reading this post. mine is usually 3-4 weeks apart, and at the very end, 2-3 weeks apart.