How long?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WanderingWallflower

How long?

#1 Post by WanderingWallflower »

Hi guys, I am getting fully braced at the top on Tuesday and was wondering if anyone could please give me an estimate as to how long I can expect this process to take? Thanks!!

Munziez

Re: How long?

#2 Post by Munziez »

At most 20 minutes once you get in the chair. Process requires a clean, a quick dry, glue application, bracket placement, curing, and finally ligatures and wire.

ElizabethMae

#3 Post by ElizabethMae »

I think it can really depend on the office. Getting my top braces on lasted 2.5 hours because the office was busy and my Ortho was working on multiple patients whenever the techs were ready for him. My bottom braces went on in about 1.5 hours.

Evostevo

#4 Post by Evostevo »

I only have top braces at the moment but it only took between 20-30 minutes to get all of the hardware secured onto my choppers. I was amazed at how quick it went.

Tyrantblade

#5 Post by Tyrantblade »

They took about 2 hours to put my braces on top and bottom.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Momto5boys

#6 Post by Momto5boys »

Took about an hour for me to get my tops and bottoms on.

Aaeolien

#7 Post by Aaeolien »

30 minutes for the top and 30 minutes for the bottom. 2 separate apppointments. In and out.