Your jail sentence

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wallywal

Re: Your jail sentence

#46 Post by wallywal »

15-18 months. Got them off on Tuesday at exactly 18 month mark!

buffon85

#47 Post by buffon85 »

my sentence was 1.5 year-2 years,
now I have them for 2.5 years
my ortho wanted to have the top braces removed. I was not happy at all and now I will start with a new ortho. sentence 8-10 months. I hope i will not have to visit a third. I am disappointed.

I don't mind the time, I just want to be happy and confident with my teeth

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

tested

#48 Post by tested »

around 24 months with jaw surgery (maybe more), my teeth moved heaps within the first year and now it seems it's taking a whole year to finish it off

ColleenReis

#49 Post by ColleenReis »

24 Months, 4 days in!

korikelly

#50 Post by korikelly »

24 months, only 6 weeks in. I am amazed at how much movement there has been already, maybe faster? One can hope!

Jess33

#51 Post by Jess33 »

My sentence is 24 months. I have clear braces on top to fix a 10mm over-jet and also had my premolars extracted on top. On bottom I have Invisalign trays to fix crowding and erupted teeth in the front of the bottom. I’m about 3 months into my treatment and already I see a big difference! Has anyone else’s treatment time took less time than the orthodontist originally predicted? I read if you are very good about brushing and flossing and keeping your gums healthy it c speed the process up.

rubyteeth

#52 Post by rubyteeth »

i have just started on the spacers and am only 5 days in- my ortho told me it would a 2 yr project... yikes!

Lovespain5

#53 Post by Lovespain5 »

I may have beaten the record : it was 32 months for me.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

vampirefangs22

#54 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I've served 2 1/2 years already and I can tell that my sentence is probably gonna end up being 3 years. I hope I'm wrong and hopefully I'll be released earlier that predicted. But, I still wouldn't be surprised if it gets extended past the 3 year mark for both my upper and lower braces (got my lower ones a few months before my upper ones).

Dunnyet

#55 Post by Dunnyet »

My first time in braces was 28 months. Round two is yet to be determined, my initial ortho appointment is Oct. 31(!) Braces for Christmas?

someguy98

#56 Post by someguy98 »

My estimated treatment time is 12 months. I got them in February this year, so probably next year I'll get them off.

trifecta

#57 Post by trifecta »

My first time in braces lasted 20 months out of a pretreatment estimate of 24 months.
Not so lucky the second time. Had braces for 36 months. Had some posterior spacing
open up after 10 years so back in braces, next month will be my one year anniversary.
Pretreatment estimate was 6 months. Island time!!!

Dunnyet

#58 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi! This being my second time in braces, (all metal!), my orthodontist estimated my treatment time at 30 months. My guess is a bit longer, I’m thinking possibly 36 months, as I’m not a teenager anymore. I’ll have to wait and see, it’s now one month since I became a metal mouth!
Cheers you lot!

djspeece

#59 Post by djspeece »

Dunnyet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:41 pm Hi! This being my second time in braces, (all metal!), my orthodontist estimated my treatment time at 30 months. My guess is a bit longer, I’m thinking possibly 36 months, as I’m not a teenager anymore. I’ll have to wait and see, it’s now one month since I became a metal mouth!
Cheers you lot!
I barely tolerated my first and only experience, so my hat is off to you second-timers! Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying