Should I go for undoing extractions as soon as possible?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tath4746

Re: Should I go for undoing extractions as soon as possible?

#16 Post by Tath4746 »

Hi Karin,

To answer your question, I am relieved of my symptoms and have been into the bicuspid extraction/retraction reversal process for almost two years to date (speaking from personal experience). After I started to move my 6 upper and lower anterior teeth forward with removable acrylic appliances to re-open my first bicuspid extraction spaces (appliances were activated several times a week; to push the anterior teeth forward) my symptoms started to diminish significantly (facial; inner ear disturbances (ringing, popping, and fullness); and TMJ) (about a month to two months into the process). My face also looks a million times better and is much fuller in appearance (fuller lips, cheeks, and overall facial structure; and significantly reduced wrinkles near eyes, nasolabial folds, and around mouth area). After moving my anterior teeth forward to where they should be and expanding the width of my arches, I now have adequate tongue space which feels like a total sense of freedom. My bicuspid implants should likely be placed within the next several months. Speaking from personal experience, I would highly recommend reversing bicuspid extraction/retraction orthodontics to anyone who is experiencing negative or detrimental consequences from this outdated orthodontic technique. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Take care and the best of luck to you. - Tath4746

dentes

#17 Post by dentes »

[quote=Tath4746 post_id=507621 time=1558908137 user_id=30060]
Hi Karin,

To answer your question, I am relieved of my symptoms and have been into the bicuspid extraction/retraction reversal process for almost two years to date (speaking from personal experience). After I started to move my 6 upper and lower anterior teeth forward with removable acrylic appliances to re-open my first bicuspid extraction spaces (appliances were activated several times a week; to push the anterior teeth forward) my symptoms started to diminish significantly (facial; inner ear disturbances (ringing, popping, and fullness); and TMJ) (about a month to two months into the process). My face also looks a million times better and is much fuller in appearance (fuller lips, cheeks, and overall facial structure; and significantly reduced wrinkles near eyes, nasolabial folds, and around mouth area). After moving my anterior teeth forward to where they should be and expanding the width of my arches, I now have adequate tongue space which feels like a total sense of freedom. My bicuspid implants should likely be placed within the next several months. Speaking from personal experience, I would highly recommend reversing bicuspid extraction/retraction orthodontics to anyone who is experiencing negative or detrimental consequences from this outdated orthodontic technique. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Take care and the best of luck to you. - Tath4746
[/quote]

Interesting to read about your treatment journey Tath4746. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Sounds like you are almost at the finishing line, well done for soldiering on and not giving up!

Seeing as I find myself in a similar situation as yourself I hope that you don’t mind me asking:

- Lots of positive effects it seems which sounds great! But, have you experienced any negative consequences as a result of the expansion such as receding gums, root resorption etc.?
- All in all, how much will the whole treatment with expansion and implants have cost you once it’s all done?
- Where are you doing this treatment? USA?
- You say that the process thus far has taken you almost 2 years, how many visits to the orthodontist does this entail? On average, how often do you visit him/her, i.e. every 6th week, every 8th etc.?

dentes

#18 Post by dentes »

[quote=braceswoman post_id=507729 time=1561409204 user_id=30308]

Your point that you feel the freedom of the tongue meant the most to me!! Some days, I have felt like cutting mine out! I have also periodic panic attacks when I feel trapped by my own teeth... I am sure you remember the feeling.[/quote]

Are you me? :/ :P

Also, on a somewhat unrelated matter; why does quoting not work for me? Anyone reading this have an idea about what I’m doing wrong?

gravamen

#19 Post by gravamen »

"To answer your question, I am relieved of my symptoms and have been into the bicuspid extraction/retraction reversal process for almost two years to date (speaking from personal experience). After I started to move my 6 upper and lower anterior teeth forward with removable acrylic appliances to re-open my first bicuspid extraction spaces "

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but Dentes, can you tell me/us more about how you set about reversing your extractions? What device you used and who you went to? I'm an adult wanting to do the same thing because of facial differences, retracted maxilla and mild sleep apnea after extractions.

I tried Homeoblock but just got a lot of sensitivity and not much movement. I'm currently torn between FAGGA, and someone who offers to reopen spaces for implants using Invisalign. (google Courtyard Dental reverse extraction for a pdf with some detail of this).

But more importantly, Dentes, what did you use?

Thanks

AprilWang640

#20 Post by AprilWang640 »

Foolswires wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get this done in the UK or europe? I can't
> seem to find anyone who does this! thanks

Hi,Foolwires!
Hope u doing well!Have u found any orthodontists in Europe?Could u pls tell the details of them if u do?

AprilWang640

#21 Post by AprilWang640 »

gravamen wrote:
> "To answer your question, I am relieved of my symptoms and have been
> into the bicuspid extraction/retraction reversal process for almost two
> years to date (speaking from personal experience). After I started to move
> my 6 upper and lower anterior teeth forward with removable acrylic
> appliances to re-open my first bicuspid extraction spaces "
>
> Sorry to resurrect this thread, but Dentes, can you tell me/us more about
> how you set about reversing your extractions? What device you used and who
> you went to? I'm an adult wanting to do the same thing because of facial
> differences, retracted maxilla and mild sleep apnea after extractions.
>
> I tried Homeoblock but just got a lot of sensitivity and not much movement.
> I'm currently torn between FAGGA, and someone who offers to reopen spaces
> for implants using Invisalign. (google Courtyard Dental reverse extraction
> for a pdf with some detail of this).
>
> But more importantly, Dentes, what did you use?
>
> Thanks

Hey gravamen! how's everything now? Have u got enough space for implants?

zara247

#22 Post by zara247 »

Hey all, any updates on this? I'm in the same boat (torn between FAGGA and Invisalign) and still looking for a professional. Any info you could share will be help.