After extraction changes, are these normal??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bi167

After extraction changes, are these normal??

#1 Post by bi167 »

Hi,
I had extraction of 2 lower premolar on 10th june. Now I have developed ulcer in place where I was injected(below the toung, I was injected twice on left side). Now it's getting worst, when I went for check up I told about that but doc said it's going to be ok keep on having pain medicines as prescribed(but I think pain medicines are doing it worst, I have faced it before).

Also my lips don't touch now when I sleep and I little but forcefully have to close my mouth in order not to breath from mouth.(and that's uncomfortable so I am not sleeping very well). I don't know it's because of swelling or not but it's been 3 days, swelling is not visible to me.
also today morning when I woke up I noticed I was pressing my jaws on each other which made all my teeth pain for few minutes after waking up! I have never done this before!

miluti

Re: After extraction changes, are these normal??

#2 Post by miluti »

I feel you should contact your orthodontist. They can put some gel on your molars that will harden and help separate your teeth a bit - helps with clenching/grinding... I had to have them myself, along with wearing an elastic on one side for about a month due to TMJ.

As for the mouth ulcers, I'd definitely get a second opinion if they're not going away and are causing you distress or are looking wonderful/infected. You don't want to leave this stuff for too long - it can become serious business in a hurry! :(

- TL canine pulled approx 1998 (childhood)
- BL canine pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- 4 impacted WT pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- Braced (damon, top and bottom) Sep 2016
- BR canine pulled Feb 2017
- TMJ issues Mar 2017
- TR canine pulled Jun 2017
- TR extraction gap FINALLY closed July 2018
- Set to debond on Sept 21, 2018! :jump:

bi167

#3 Post by bi167 »

Thanks. yes, I went to see doc but she said everything is fine, may be​ she couldn't see the ulcer it's below toung n hidden. Today going again. this time I am going to tell exactly where it is..n now it's big enough to see. even I was able to take a pic and this time she can't not see it this time. :lol:
I think this all happened because they only gave me pain meds, not any antibiotics after extraction. may b.. :roll:
Impacted upper right canine,
Severe crowding in lower jaw,
Had lower 2 premolars extracted on 10 June 2017,
Sentenced for 1.5 to 2 years.

miluti

#4 Post by miluti »

bi167 wrote:Thanks. yes, I went to see doc but she said everything is fine, may be​ she couldn't see the ulcer it's below toung n hidden. Today going again. this time I am going to tell exactly where it is..n now it's big enough to see. even I was able to take a pic and this time she can't not see it this time. :lol:
I think this all happened because they only gave me pain meds, not any antibiotics after extraction. may b.. :roll:
I just had two canines extracted (separate visits) but didn't receive any pain meds or antibiotics. Usually it's pretty straightforward, but if you're having complications you definitely don't want to delay or mess around. Glad you're going back!! Hope its something easily treatable. :)

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

bi167

#5 Post by bi167 »

yup, thanks. I went back. They say extraction sites are healing n looks normal. Buy i have developed very bad ulcer under toung where I was injected twice(jay be because I was tensed about while extraction thing! :wink: or dehydration). For that received gel n Folic acid meds.
Ulcer is not letting me eat anything or talk but it's better than yesterday.
May be tomorrow I hope I'll eat something solid when I go home. :) Been on liquid diet for 6 days and I already weight 35! :lol:

bi167

#6 Post by bi167 »

miluti wrote:
I just had two canines extracted (separate visits) but didn't receive any pain meds or antibiotics.
Btw how did you survive without pain meds! :?:

miluti

#7 Post by miluti »

bi167 wrote:
miluti wrote:
I just had two canines extracted (separate visits) but didn't receive any pain meds or antibiotics.
Btw how did you survive without pain meds! :?:

They numbed me of course, but after the extraction I took some Tylenol that evening and then I was good after that. I have a normal to high tolerance for pain, I think.

Glad you went in and they gave you some treatment for the ulcer - hopefully it helps and you heal well! :) :)

- TMJ issues Mar 2017

bi167

#8 Post by bi167 »

yes, thanks, Ulcers is gone now, went home and finally had some solid to eat. extractions are healing pretty good too. :) happy it's over. Now only exposure of canine remains, don't know when, but not soon :gavel: