Need your input - should I move central upper incisors down?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittleSern

Need your input - should I move central upper incisors down?

#1 Post by LittleSern »

I'm weeks away from debracing and we are just doing the final touches. We took pictures today to see what we want to change. We decided to move my canines a tiny bit up to see if that address the concerns I have with my smile arc (I feel like it is a bit too flat). I'm still thinking I might want to move my front two teeth (upper maxillary central incisors) down a tiny bit. What do you think?

I also feel like my front two teeth look so much smaller than they did earlier in treatment - he said it's because of the gums swelling should go down after the braces come off.

My smile now:

Since we took more pics today, I put together before and current pics for comparison.
Top: Before braces
Middle: Day braces were put on
Bottom: Today's pics

Left is before, right is current

Last edited by LittleSern on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

godutch

Re: Need your input - should I move central upper incisors down?

#2 Post by godutch »

You need to take a pic of you smiling, so we can judge

LittleSern

#3 Post by LittleSern »

I thought I had, must have forgot to! Added it.

godutch

#4 Post by godutch »

LittleSern wrote:I thought I had, must have forgot to! Added it.
It depends a bit on your image or how you want to come across, like this you will look older, more mature, confident and powerful with slightly longer central incisors you will appear younger and more feminine

LittleSern

#5 Post by LittleSern »

I definitely want to appear younger and more feminine, soo... I'm going to go with bringing them down.