Last wire- Stainless Steel?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

traintracks92

Last wire- Stainless Steel?

#1 Post by traintracks92 »

16 months into my journey (crazy how fast it's going by). My ortho told me I'm on the final wire now, which is this ridiculously thick stainless steel wire. I had my appointment last Thursday on 02/26 and some of my teeth are still sore. Not a fan of this wire at all. I was more sore with this wire than when I originally got braces! He told me this wire is going to widen my upper and lower arch quite a bit. However, my teeth still have some corrections to be made. My front two teeth are slightly crooked still and I have a gap between my upper and lower canines when I bite. Will this wire fix that too?

I also have this weird rubber band that goes from the back from my molar to my canine that seems to be weaving up and down through the brackets. Any idea what that is?

Would be hearing anyone else's experiences with the stainless steel wires as well!

broadabroad

Re: Last wire- Stainless Steel?

#2 Post by broadabroad »

I had a lot of soreness in my lower teeth when the final wires were placed. It's been about two months in them and it seems settled now. The rubber band sounds like a finishing elastic. Do you put it in yourself? Is it strange that I wish I had one? Ha!

FlowerPower

Re: Last wire- Stainless Steel?

#3 Post by FlowerPower »

traintracks92 wrote: I also have this weird rubber band that goes from the back from my molar to my canine that seems to be weaving up and down through the brackets. Any idea what that is?
It sounds like a power chain.