2nd time around at 41

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BlondeCam

2nd time around at 41

#1 Post by BlondeCam »

Hi all, like a lot of folks, I had braces as a teen and didn't wear my retainers. Fast forward 25 appx years and I'm going back to correct the shift in my front two teeth. Many people don't notice it but I see it every time I look in the mirror. One is slightly back the other slightly forward and turned. I've thought about this for years and am now going for it.
I'm going to the Orthodontics School. Little less expensive. I'm considered a limited case/ retreat. They expect it will take appx a year. I'm opting for ceramic upper brackets and metal lowers since my bottom teeth don't show when I talk or smile.
Impressions and X-rays were done Tuesday. $950 down payment paid. I'm very excited to get this new/ old adventure started.

Feliciaobrien

Re: 2nd time around at 41

#2 Post by Feliciaobrien »

Hello. I am also doing braces a 2nd time like you. I look forward to reading more about your braces journey as an adult.

ray1234

#3 Post by ray1234 »

Hi, i also had them 2 times. But if you really want it, then it will be over faster than you think.

heyhey1

#4 Post by heyhey1 »

Did you end up getting them, how is the treatment going if you did? being that it was an ortho school.

Verena

#5 Post by Verena »

How long will your treatment be?