How did rubber bands change your bite and smile?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Seasaltmind

How did rubber bands change your bite and smile?

#1 Post by Seasaltmind »

:tingrin:

Tyrantblade

Re: How did rubber bands change your bite and smile?

#2 Post by Tyrantblade »

Seasaltmind wrote::tingrin:
In my case I've had elastics for the same amount of time that I've had braces, almost 16 months.

They fixed a crossbite at first, brought my canines down, helped to fix my midlines, and now I'm back to 1 elastic on my left side to fix a crossbite again.

I'm hoping to soon be done with elastics as I'm supposed to get my braces off in August, but idk if it's gonna happen yet.

They have helped in many ways, but man are they so annoying.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Seasaltmind

#3 Post by Seasaltmind »

Tyrantblade wrote:
In my case I've had elastics for the same amount of time that I've had braces, almost 16 months.

They fixed a crossbite at first, brought my canines down, helped to fix my midlines, and now I'm back to 1 elastic on my left side to fix a crossbite again.

I'm hoping to soon be done with elastics as I'm supposed to get my braces off in August, but idk if it's gonna happen yet.

They have helped in many ways, but man are they so annoying.
Ah. Wow. They did alot for you! I think im the only person that liked having elastics lol. I do remember they corrected my bite (had a big overbite). I get them again next month yay!

Welshrarebit

#4 Post by Welshrarebit »

I have elastics going from back-bottom to front-top.

My ortho said that they will 'open up my bite'. I think this means reduce my overbite. I have been wearing them for about 3 months now and to me it feels like they are doing nothing, but I'm sure they must be, just so slowly that it's hard to see with my eye (unlike the teeth straightening which was very obvious). They don't hurt at all either, which seems to be the opposite of everyone else's experience.

Seasaltmind, how long did it take to correct your overbite?

Lovespain5

#5 Post by Lovespain5 »

The treatment and the rubber bands have changed my smile in different ways :
- my smile was slightly crowded before the treatment and now it is very straight.
- when I smile now, it discovers my lower teeth too which were completly hidden before my treatment.
- before my lower lip was bigger than the upper one and now they are exactly the same so my mouth and my smile have a better shape.
- the treatment reduced the wideness of my smile : before, 12 teeth were visible in the upper arch (until the first molar) and now only 10 can be seen (until the first molar too but I miss two premolars in each arch).
:?:-#):mrgreen: