Does looking in the mirror trigger Obsessive Compulsiveness for you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tyrantblade

Does looking in the mirror trigger Obsessive Compulsiveness for you?

#1 Post by Tyrantblade »

Sometimes I feel some things make me really OCD, while lots of things I can just let be a complete mess and not care.

When I look at my teeth in the mirror it's definitely the former.

I know it's not a straightforward thing and to expect steps back, but looking at my teeth as they are being rotated, stepped up, down, or other such directions bothers me so much.

The worse thing is when I see 2 teeth side by side that were straight and level that are tilted and as a result look more crooked than ever.

I mean I know it's a part of reaching for perfection, but I just can't get over being bothered by it.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

SingleJawMelb

Re: Does looking in the mirror trigger Obsessive Compulsiveness for you?

#2 Post by SingleJawMelb »

You don't have OCD.

ODC is when you have intrusive thoughts that turn into repetative acts.

What you are doing is noticing that your teeth are moving and worrying if they are moving correctly.

Tyrantblade

#3 Post by Tyrantblade »

SingleJawMelb wrote:You don't have OCD.

ODC is when you have intrusive thoughts that turn into repetative acts.

What you are doing is noticing that your teeth are moving and worrying if they are moving correctly.
North really worrying, more like being annoyed by it, but I guess you are right.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

SingleJawMelb

#4 Post by SingleJawMelb »

Yes I'm 100% right. You don't have OCD.

braceasaurus

#5 Post by braceasaurus »

I know what you mean, I feel like I spend way too much time analysing my teeth in the mirror now. Such a waste of time really!! But hard to stop :(
Braced on 27.10.16 to fix an anterior open bite, overjet & mild crowding. Class 1 malocclusion. Ceramic braces upper 6 + steel lower, then double jaw surgery in about a year, once my extraction gaps have closed!

Sentence: 24-30 months.