bad brace experience

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

secondtimewithbraces

bad brace experience

#1 Post by secondtimewithbraces »

So i had braces when i was younger for 1 and half years teeth were perfect..

at 19 i got them again because of relapse and i grew new teeth and didnt wear retainers... i told the dentist i thought my teeth shifted in the front due to the 2 new teeth i grew, my dentist said no it does not affect the teeth at the front..

HERES MY PROBLEM

when i had braces i did not need IPR and my teeth aligned perfectly and now the new dentist literally done IPR on all my front lower teeth to create space... i feel like he done this so he could do the treatment faster... im kinda bumbed because my lower teeth are not as wide as it use to be and my smile is narrow and before i had a wide smile.... and if he said wisdom teeth do not affect crowding etc why was my old dentist able to make my teeth strait without IPR and not the new dentist?

im so disapointed that i got the 6 month smile treatment wasted £3200 didnt fix my bite, did not fix my midline at all... and i didnt even know my treatment was 6 month smiles until 3 months into the treatment

im thinking of getting invisalign from a professional orthodontist after this

SingleJawMelb

Re: bad brace experience

#2 Post by SingleJawMelb »

I cringe when I hear about teeth being shaved.

braceasaurus

#3 Post by braceasaurus »

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience :( I thought IPR is usually done to fix crowding - has it helped at all? What are your bite issues? (cross bite, open bite etc)

secondtimewithbraces

#4 Post by secondtimewithbraces »

braceasaurus wrote:I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience :( I thought IPR is usually done to fix crowding - has it helped at all? What are your bite issues? (cross bite, open bite etc)
yeah he said he done IPR to fix crowding but originally when i had braces my orhtodontist aligned my teeth perfectly without needing IPR..... my bite issue is basically when i bite my all my left side meet but my right side does not meet properly and touch.

Voxpotens

#5 Post by Voxpotens »

Got braces at age 46 to try and fix incompetent lip, gummy smile, poor bite with teeth grinding and crowded tongue. Chose ortho that offered "bracelift" treatment that supposedly helps also with increasingmdface support and improve signs of aging. Approached ortho with those concerns above and after 3 years of treatment i have a much gummier smile, worse lip incompetence, did notfix my bite, tongue issues or teeth grinding. Im so upset and angry! Looking at before and after pictures wish i could go back in time. My teeth are straight, but my face and smile besides my teeth look horrible. Incredible aesthetic disimprovement! Would like to see if anyone knows if i have any recourse or if it is possible to get my teeth and face back to the way they were before. Thanks!