Problems getting an itemized receipt?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cconant1833

Problems getting an itemized receipt?

#1 Post by cconant1833 »

I got my permanent retainer placed on my bottom teeth today (woohoo - getting close to the end!).

For some reason my FSA card was declined and I had to pay with a credit card as I don't have $680 just sitting around.

I asked for an itemized receipt and the receptionist said that I can't have one until they actually hand me the clear retainers when I get my braces off. I won't be getting them off until January.

What am I supposed to do until then? I have 2k in my FSA balance but they will not refund me without the itemized receipt.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is this even legal to not give a full receipt?

Thanks!

djspeece

Re: Problems getting an itemized receipt?

#2 Post by djspeece »

That is just not right -- you paid the money, and that's what matters. I would recommend that you escalate the issue to the office or business manager, and if that fails then blast your ortho.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

verso

#3 Post by verso »

djspeece wrote:That is just not right -- you paid the money, and that's what matters. I would recommend that you escalate the issue to the office or business manager, and if that fails then blast your ortho.
This.

You're my kind of guy, djspeece :lol:

BracesGuy

#4 Post by BracesGuy »

cconant1833 wrote:I got my permanent retainer placed on my bottom teeth today (woohoo - getting close to the end!).
Congratulations. Can you tell me how your dentist prepped the inner tooth surfaces prior to bonding the retainer on? With a drill, a sandblaster, acid or nothing?

With respect to your question, as already suggested I would escalate it to the office manager and then the dentist if necessary.

cconant1833

#5 Post by cconant1833 »

djspeece wrote:That is just not right -- you paid the money, and that's what matters. I would recommend that you escalate the issue to the office or business manager, and if that fails then blast your ortho.
Thank you for the reassurance! I called the office and got in touch with the financial person. She said that they don't give itemized receipts for insurance until you get the clear retainers, but that she can give it to me for my FSA. She sent me one last night but it was still missing some information. Sent her an email back asking for the missing services/products, so we will see what happens!

cconant1833

#6 Post by cconant1833 »

BracesGuy wrote:
cconant1833 wrote:I got my permanent retainer placed on my bottom teeth today (woohoo - getting close to the end!).
Congratulations. Can you tell me how your dentist prepped the inner tooth surfaces prior to bonding the retainer on? With a drill, a sandblaster, acid or nothing?

With respect to your question, as already suggested I would escalate it to the office manager and then the dentist if necessary.

Thank you! :lol: :-*

Now I am not sure of the technical terms... but my orthodontist used the grindy tool on the back of my teeth because he said there were ridges. It makes an AWFUL noise (like nails on chalkboard), but smoothed my teeth for the retainer.