Bite off after each adjustment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

autumnl

Bite off after each adjustment?

#1 Post by autumnl »

Hi all! Has anyone experienced this...I've had 4 adjustments so far and for a day or two after every one my bite seems off. Instead of my back teeth coming together normally, they hit the edges of the molar bands- on both sides. Makes it impossible to eat anything but mashed potatoes and the like.

Beckett

Re: Bite off after each adjustment?

#2 Post by Beckett »

Every time I have an adjustment my bite feels different. Every time I put in fresh elastics my bite feels different. My bite feels different in the morning as opposed to when I go to bed at night. All of your teeth are moving around in your head, things are bound to feel weird now and then while things find their proper position. Sometimes a thing happens and feels weird for a long time before another thing happens and teeth start to feel normal again. Now and again it will feel like none of my teeth belong in my head and they are all fake that have been shoved in there with my other ones. It passes.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

autumnl

Re: Bite off after each adjustment?

#3 Post by autumnl »

Thanks! It does pass and I things click back into place. Just thought it was weird that it only happens right after an adjustment.