Yellow squares?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

straightteeth

Yellow squares?

#1 Post by straightteeth »

So today I went to the ortho and we finalized the decision of taking two teeth out to create room. To allow for extraction, they removed the brackets of the said teeth and after examining it for a bit, I noticed that the part where the bracket was is yellow compared to the rest of the tooth.

They didn't remove the glue since it'll just get extracted anyway, so could that be why it's yellow? Or is it because I use a whitening toothpaste (crest)? I really dont want to have yellow squares when they finally remove my braces so what should I do?

I've also added a photo below to give you a better idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ditsy

Re: Yellow squares?

#2 Post by ditsy »

I'm not an expert but that just looks like where the glue has discoloured. I would think once it's cleaned off there won't be any staining xxx

EWUgal15

#3 Post by EWUgal15 »

I agree that that's glue. If you look closely, you can see the pattern of the bonding surface of the bracket. You can also see a height difference between the surface of your tooth and the discolored spot. When you have your braces taken off, they'll sand off the rest of the glue and you'll be in great shape. :D

BracesGuy

#4 Post by BracesGuy »

It's glue. When your brackets are removed the glue will be removed, typically using a burr on a drill.

sirwired

#5 Post by sirwired »

Man, I hated the glue grinding process... smelled like burning coffee grounds or something; that reek was vile. I think I'd take a burning tire over that smell.

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

I actually enjoyed it because it meant I would be brace-free in a short time!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

straightteeth

#7 Post by straightteeth »

Thank you everyone for your replies! I feel a lot better now ^^