Impacted Canines and braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GameZorg

Impacted Canines and braces

#1 Post by GameZorg »

Roughly two years ago I had my Canine fall out and a new one never appeared, They put braces on my teeth and the impacted canine began coming out, so no gold chain was needed. So I have had my braces on for roughly one and a half years now and my top left canine has stopped coming out and has been like this for the last two months, It is roughly 4/5 of the way out. What I am writing about today is what would be the consequences of me having my braces off now or would the tooth still continue to come out gradually over time. I really want my braces off as they are getting really annoying and would love to have them off if this doesn't affect me in my future life.
Thanks for reading and replying, if you did that is.
Yours Sincerely,
GameZorg

oldfart

Re: Impacted Canines and braces

#2 Post by oldfart »

The tooth would probably go back to where it was wasting all your time and money spent in braces. Never quit mid treatment.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

GameZorg

#3 Post by GameZorg »

I don't want to come of rude or anything, but I live in the UK and because of all this the treatment was all free, but how would it go back to how it was before hand because it has come down all on its own?
Thanks for the reply,
GameZorg

Shelleyt

#4 Post by Shelleyt »

It all depends on your particular circumstances, but without the braces on to continue making space for that canine to grow into, the tooth probably won't continue to come down on its own if you have the braces removed. Your ortho may have a plan to get it down and/or it may just require some time. I had my braces removed as a teen with a canine half grown in- it never fully came in, hence why I am on round 2 now!

GameZorg

#5 Post by GameZorg »

Oh ok then. Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm just going to stick them out then.
Kind regards,
GameZorg

ditsy

#6 Post by ditsy »

I'm in the UK too, I think the process here seems to take a bit longer and our appointments aren't as regular. I became very frustrated a few months ago. After being told my treatment should only take till September, then my appointments kept being delayed which means I'm now looking at sometime after Christmas.
How long have you had them on for? X

Beckett

#7 Post by Beckett »

Canines can be some of the most stubborn teeth in your mouth. Give it time. And then some more time. And then a little bit more time. Because canines almost always take longer than we think.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.