To Old

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

se3racing

To Old

#1 Post by se3racing »

How old is to old?
57 years old had my consoltation should I finally pull the trigger?

Bracingmyself33

Re: To Old

#2 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

never too old.

the sooner you start, the longer you get to enjoy. :D

ljms

#3 Post by ljms »

I was 55, so I'm going to say no.

oldfart

#4 Post by oldfart »

Gee you guys are ancient? Oh wait, I turn 50 this year and just got mine off last year. (and still in retainers).
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Prometheus

#5 Post by Prometheus »

Another ancient one here. I started at 58 and am now 60, with an indeterminate amount of time to go. You are never too old, so why not go for it. It can take longer to move teeth at this age, I can attest to that, but it does work.
Lower braces on March 11, 2015, upper braces added July 14, 2015.
Damon, metal bottom / clear top.
Braces off March 26, 2018: Total time in braces: 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day.
Hawley retainers top and bottom.

se3racing

#6 Post by se3racing »

[quote="Prometheus"]Another ancient one here. I started at 58 and am now 60, with an indeterminate amount of time to go. You are never too old, so why not go for it. It can take longer to move teeth at this age, I can attest to that, but it does work.[/quote]
Exactly my situation 58 next month want them off by 60 maybe. They would like me to do surgery for narrow upper arch not committed to that yet.
Thanks for responding.

MayBeautyFace

#7 Post by MayBeautyFace »

Your never too old! Plus you'll probably be a lot happier after. Straight teeth should be a priority for everyone!

djspeece

#8 Post by djspeece »

230916 wrote:Don't let your age control your life.
Amen to that!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying