What colour bands draw the least attention to braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oldperson

What colour bands draw the least attention to braces

#1 Post by oldperson »

So i'm getting braces in a few weeks to fix my two impacted canines, and as I'm getting metal ones I have the choice of coloured bands.

What colour usually would draw the least attention to them? I've heard that white can actually make them stand out more.

Thanks for any help

EWUgal15

Re: What colour bands draw the least attention to braces

#2 Post by EWUgal15 »

If you want to draw as little attention as possible with metal brackets, silver is probably your best bet. But I would 95% of people won't notice that you have braces and the 5% that might notice probably won't say anything.

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

x2 on silver.

LisainTX

#4 Post by LisainTX »

I got blue. Recently I watched season 4 of American Horror Story with Twisty the Clown and felt a resemblance.
I am now looking forward to next week when I can get silver.

Jupiterxo

#5 Post by Jupiterxo »

Definitely silver. I have a silver power chain and I can barely even see that they're there. Plus they are less likely to stain.

DrJasonKTam

#6 Post by DrJasonKTam »

100% the silver ones, not the clear or white ones as stated above. Silver blends in best with the colour of the metal.
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

megz0501

#7 Post by megz0501 »

I have the clear ceramic brackets on top and metal on bottom. On top I usually do light silver bands, don't notice any staining. I've had them 6 months so far and the other day someone at work said they didn't even know I had them! I usually do a fun color on bottom. This time I got blue :)

MayBeautyFace

#8 Post by MayBeautyFace »

I heard that silver is a good color, because it blends into the wire and the brackets but doesn't stain.

Beckett

#9 Post by Beckett »

Smoke is another good color for being less noticeable.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

sneed1o1

#10 Post by sneed1o1 »

Beckett wrote:Smoke is another good color for being less noticeable.
Does the brand matter? My orthodontist doesn't use 3M, I think he orders from American Orthodontics. I'm wondering if the smoke color I've been seeing is a matter of brand...

Beckett

#11 Post by Beckett »

I would bet the smoke color across different brands is pretty close.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Tiff2185

#12 Post by Tiff2185 »

I've also heard smoke is a good choice

sneed1o1

#13 Post by sneed1o1 »

There's a topic on here called "Lig colours (colors)". A dude posted a side-by-side comparison of his colors, and there's a really good comparison of the silver and smoke. The silver is least noticeable in my opinion just because of how it blends with the wires: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... &start=360

They also appear to be lighter in his photos than the smoke, but lighting is everything! :D

Tiff2185

#14 Post by Tiff2185 »

[quote="sneed1o1"]There's a topic on here called "Lig colours (colors)". A dude posted a side-by-side comparison of his colors, and there's a really good comparison of the silver and smoke. The silver is least noticeable in my opinion just because of how it blends with the wires: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... &start=360

They also appear to be lighter in his photos than the smoke, but lighting is everything! :D[/quote]

Thank you for this! So helpful

autumnpath

#15 Post by autumnpath »

I just got mine today. I opted to violet ones but they had silver colored ones that would prob match up really well.