Bimaxillary Protrusion: Hard to close my mouth without straining/forcing it shut?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hippo

Bimaxillary Protrusion: Hard to close my mouth without straining/forcing it shut?

#1 Post by Hippo »

Is this a symptom? Also by the looks of it, does my bimaxillary protrusion appear to be dental or skeletal? http://i.imgur.com/0G1euSk.png

Keep in mind in that picture, I am biting down as far back as I can to show you my natural bite, as I have a deep overbite as well.

Also to elaborate, my bimaxillary protrusion isn't severe, but it's quite bad. Particularly my bottom teeth which slant too much as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/KAoAC9n.png

Opinions please! Thanks

Hippo

Re: Bimaxillary Protrusion: Hard to close my mouth without straining/forcing it shut?

#2 Post by Hippo »

Help, please!

Hippo

Re: Bimaxillary Protrusion: Hard to close my mouth without straining/forcing it shut?

#3 Post by Hippo »

Please somebody help me!!!! Is my bimaxillary protrusion skeletal or dental?

Jupiterxo

#4 Post by Jupiterxo »

It's difficult to tell in the picture but it does look like bimaxillary protrusion to me. Talk to an ortho about it to see what your options are.

badbraces

#5 Post by badbraces »

your first image doesn't seem to show up.

In the 2nd image it's very hard to tell :?:

Hippo

#6 Post by Hippo »

Jupiterxo wrote:It's difficult to tell in the picture but it does look like bimaxillary protrusion to me. Talk to an ortho about it to see what your options are.
Alright. Do you think braces could fix the issue? I really don't want surgery!

Also I know, my webcam is bad.

Lovespain5

#7 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hippo wrote:
Jupiterxo wrote:It's difficult to tell in the picture but it does look like bimaxillary protrusion to me. Talk to an ortho about it to see what your options are.

I think it's dental. Mine was dental.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Hippo

#8 Post by Hippo »

Lovespain5 wrote:
Hippo wrote:

I think it's dental. Mine was dental.
Oh wow. We spoke a month or two ago and you showed me your before picture and mine probably is dental as well. Especially considering how similar your case is mine, however I think mine may be less severe.

Hippo

#9 Post by Hippo »

I think it's dental. Mine was dental.[/quote]

Oh wow. We spoke about a month or two ago and you showed me your before picture and it looked shockingly similar to my case. However, mine I think mine may be less severe. Putting aside severity, due to how similar both of our issues were, mine is probably dental. [/quote]

Lovespain5

#10 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hippo wrote:I think it's dental. Mine was dental.
Oh wow. We spoke about a month or two ago and you showed me your before picture and it looked shockingly similar to my case. However, mine I think mine may be less severe. Putting aside severity, due to how similar both of our issues were, mine is probably dental. [/quote][/quote]

But you have to ask an orthodontist and doing X-Rays to be sure. Have you taken an appointment?

Hippo

#11 Post by Hippo »

Lovespain5 wrote:
Oh wow. We spoke about a month or two ago and you showed me your before picture and it looked shockingly similar to my case. However, mine I think mine may be less severe. Putting aside severity, due to how similar both of our issues were, mine is probably dental.
[/quote]

But you have to ask an orthodontist and doing X-Rays to be sure. Have you taken an appointment?[/quote]

I know, still haven't gone to one. Hoping my issue will be fixed, as it really effects my appearance.

Lovespain5

#12 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hippo wrote:
Lovespain5 wrote:
Oh wow. We spoke about a month or two ago and you showed me your before picture and it looked shockingly similar to my case. However, mine I think mine may be less severe. Putting aside severity, due to how similar both of our issues were, mine is probably dental.
But you have to ask an orthodontist and doing X-Rays to be sure. Have you taken an appointment?[/quote]

I know, still haven't gone to one. Hoping my issue will be fixed, as it really effects my appearance.[/quote]

So take an appointment to receive a diagnosis : does your weak chin come from bimaxillar protrusion or overbite/overjet? And to know if your problem is skeletal or dental.