First post braces meal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

defiate

Re: First post braces meal

#16 Post by defiate »

I've only had mine on for a week and I'm already looking forward to so many things.

I'm a carb addict. I had subway at least three times a week, had bagels for breakfast every day, and always looked forward to my dad's burger night. But, now thinking about these things frustrates me so much!! I just want a sandwich, is that so much to ask for?

I also can't wait for popcorn & my favorite candies. Yorks, jolly ranchers, you name it. I miss it.

jaime

#17 Post by jaime »

MissEvaH wrote:Not really a meal, but I'm going to have a huge bag of movie theater popcorn!
That's exactly my plan! There's a movie theatre across from my orthodontist. I'm marching straight in there and buying a bucket! It might end up costing me like $12 but it'll be worth it.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

megz0501

#18 Post by megz0501 »

There's so many things I want!!! Popcorn, candy, doritos, chips and salsa, STEAK, eating a sandwich like a regular person or a taco without looking like a fool!

RachF

#19 Post by RachF »

I have been eating lots of things that I shouldn't have been but I am looking forward to eating things without a knife and fork! Pizza, I am just going to tear right into it! Sandwiches, no more ripping bits off and popping them into my mouth.

I will go to town on sweets and popcorn and doritos and all those things!

verso

#20 Post by verso »

^ Pizza! My God, yes! Pizza is meant to be eaten with the hands! This fork and knife business is ridiculous

Catpotat

#21 Post by Catpotat »

I look forward to:
Flossing freely
Being able to close my lips without forcing them closed
Putting on bright red lipstick
Chewing gum