Does bonding stain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

27braces88

Does bonding stain?

#1 Post by 27braces88 »

I'm having my braces off next week (yay!) and I'm getting bonding on one of my front teeth to make it level with the other one. It's not hugely different just a bit worn where it was crooked.

I'm just wondering whether bonding stains? Will I have to limit the amount of coffee and red wine I drink forever? :(

ljms

Re: Does bonding stain?

#2 Post by ljms »

Not that I've noticed and I drink a fair amount of coffee, tea, red wine, etc.

Like you, I have bonding on one of my upper incisors because they weren't the same length. I also have bonding on my lower incisors to repair chips that happened before braces.

27braces88

#3 Post by 27braces88 »

ljms wrote:Not that I've noticed and I drink a fair amount of coffee, tea, red wine, etc.

Like you, I have bonding on one of my upper incisors because they weren't the same length. I also have bonding on my lower incisors to repair chips that happened before braces.
Ah great, thanks. I'm going to have my teeth whitened when my braces comes off so I'm going to try and be a bit more careful anyway.

Ziggy

#4 Post by Ziggy »

Often when bonding is used your dentist matches the color to your teeth at the time of the bonding. Make sure he/she knows about the bonding if you get a whitening as the bonding may not whiten like your tooth.