doesn't 1 year of braces seem like forever?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tyrantblade

doesn't 1 year of braces seem like forever?

#1 Post by Tyrantblade »

Well i guess part of it depends on how busy you are, sometimes it feel like time flows quick, other times it feels slow.

But much progress has been made and now im on the downward slope of time.

No regrets here, especially since its been over 10 years from the first time i heard that i need braces until i got them.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

2XRound

Re: doesn't 1 year of braces seem like forever?

#2 Post by 2XRound »

Not too bad. It will go faster from here on.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

kattiar

#3 Post by kattiar »

I've had mine on for almost six months (well... upper arch that is. Lowers have only been on for a week mweheh), and I think I have another year to go - less if I'm lucky. The first six months went relatively quickly... but the year remaining? That feels like a lifetime away xD.

Ziggy

#4 Post by Ziggy »

One day feels like a lifetime. Looking forward to the final destination, but the trip sucks. :( Only been at it about 4 months with an 18 month sentence.

EWUgal15

#5 Post by EWUgal15 »

I was in braces for almost 21 months. Most people just round up to 2 years, but I'm proud of myself for beating the treatment plan. Honestly, it all passed in the blink of an eye to me. It was hard to believe that a year had gone by when I was making my preparations for surgery...I will say that the last two months really seemed to drag on though. Knowing you're close to the end makes you look forward to it a lot more than when you're in the middle phases waiting for something to change.

angelina

#6 Post by angelina »

I just hit my 11 month mark and am on the home stretch and it hasn't been too bad, I guess I haven't really experienced anything too unpleasant and saw progress pretty fast. In terms of straightening my teeth I didn't have a lot to do and they're already aligned so I guess now it's dragging slightly because I don't see the point in having them on!

Welshrarebit

#7 Post by Welshrarebit »

angelina wrote:I just hit my 11 month mark and am on the home stretch and it hasn't been too bad, I guess I haven't really experienced anything too unpleasant and saw progress pretty fast. In terms of straightening my teeth I didn't have a lot to do and they're already aligned so I guess now it's dragging slightly because I don't see the point in having them on!
Yes! This! What IS the point in having them on when nothing seems to be happening?! I'm sure something is happening but what? What?!

RachF

#8 Post by RachF »

I have had mine for 6 and a half months so far and it has flown. The changes have really amazed me so far which I suppose makes the time go quicker? I think I need two to three years treatment in total but going by how quickly things have moved I don't know what could take so long!

oldfart

#9 Post by oldfart »

One year is short, its when you past that two year mark that you start worrying if they will ever come off. At that point it's hard to remember what your teeth felt like without braces.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

metalliKa

#10 Post by metalliKa »

It does seem like an eternity at the beginning of the treatment, but that one year will go by so quick. I can't believe that it seems like it was only yesterday that I got braced and now 17 months have gone by and I'm off braces.

:jump:
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Bounded

#11 Post by Bounded »

I'm suppose to be have my braces for 2 years but now it's 2 years and 2 months because I went on a vacation. When I first got them, I thought 2 years was forever but honestly I don't even notice my braces anymore, time flys. Right I'm in my 9th month, going to my 10th. It's gonna be a year in October 26th. Good luck!

Tyrantblade

#12 Post by Tyrantblade »

Im pretty content with how things are going, it just seems boring because i feel like all i have to gain at this point is the last 5%, not much to gain in a years time, but it took a long time before i got braces, so im not in any kind of rush to be done (its been over 10 years from first hearing that i needed braces to be able to get started, so another year is nothing, just boring is all)
Lots of crimes here

3. Open bite

jaime

#13 Post by jaime »

One year flew by for me! The second year was slower. Now I'm working towards my third year and it's even slower. Hoping they come off by the end of 2016.

Hang in there! Hopefully you are on the downward slope, because you never know!
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Vanessa12345

#14 Post by Vanessa12345 »

Lucky you! I've got friends who've had them on for almost three years, time flies.

Tyrantblade

#15 Post by Tyrantblade »

jaime wrote:One year flew by for me! The second year was slower. Now I'm working towards my third year and it's even slower. Hoping they come off by the end of 2016.

Hang in there! Hopefully you are on the downward slope, because you never know!
Yeah I hope it doesn't become longer, but if it does it's not everything and I'm not in a hurry.
Lots of crimes here

3. Open bite