How long before I see any progress?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pixelada

How long before I see any progress?

#1 Post by Pixelada »

I got my braces 11 days ago, and I haven't seen any progress whatsoever. I have been taking pictures and I don't see any movement. Also, I never felt any pain. Is this normal?

Besides, I have never discussed any sort of plan with my orthodontist. He just said he needed to shave in between my teeth and then they took impressions, x-rays and the next appointment they put my braces on without any explanation. Is that normal? I have no idea how he plans to make my teeth straight. I guess I will ask him next time. Below are the first day picture and today's.
IMG_2259.JPG
publish_snapshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Braces blog/diary: http://pixebraces.tumblr.com

djspeece

Re: How long before I see any progress?

#2 Post by djspeece »

Completely normal. The wires used early in treatment are used mainly to position the teeth in a north/south orientation (so to speak) rather than moving them. Unless you are taking pictures routinely you probably won't see progress because it is very slow. See the thread posted recently by Dr. Tam with the time-lapse video one of his patients made. I sensed more progress with my tongue feeling the improved alignment of my teeth on my arches. Be patient and take a deep breath. You'll get there! Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Seasaltmind

#3 Post by Seasaltmind »

It definitly takes time to see progress. On my forst month I did notice maybe my teeth a little straighter but they werent so crooked to begin with. Seeing results definitely takes time and i think after your second month you should notice a little difference bit not the full difference.

Bounded

#4 Post by Bounded »

It's normal. Everybody is different when it comes to braces. I saw changes in the third week, bottom teeth straightening. My overbite improved when I got elastics. It just takes time. Taking pics will help a lot

Pixelada

#5 Post by Pixelada »

Thank you for you replies! I guess I need to learn to be patient, but it's so hard! I can't wait until I start seeing results. :)

Braces blog/diary: http://pixebraces.tumblr.com

stellarxoxo

#6 Post by stellarxoxo »

I started to notice about a month in. Even people I work with noticed. I'm 4 months in now and have one silly snuggle tooth that is being a bit difficult but my tops have fully aligned now. It's amazing. I took photos once a week and compared them. You will start to see a difference soon!

RachF

#7 Post by RachF »

I saw progress about a month in but when I compared my 4 month picture with my before picture I was amazed. Because the progress happens a little every day it is hard to notice unless you have a before picture to always refer back to.