Protruding mouth - fixed by braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

plife

Protruding mouth - fixed by braces?

#1 Post by plife »

I am wondering if protruding mouth can be fixed by braces. My teeth aren't too crooked or misaligned, although not perfect. However, from the side, my mouth is protruding (I think they call it a convex profile?), but I am unsure if my gums & bone structure are protruding, or if the teeth are protruding (or both)? Can only the dental protrusion be solved? I am fairly against getting any type of jaw surgery as they seem extremely invasive.

2XRound

Re: Protruding mouth - fixed by braces?

#2 Post by 2XRound »

From your description I am not sure if it is the same thing, but I had a very pronounced trout pout :oops: that my braces exaggerated. I was very self conscious about it, but by the end of treatment it had gone away.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

Lovespain5

Re: Protruding mouth - fixed by braces?

#3 Post by Lovespain5 »

plife wrote:I am wondering if protruding mouth can be fixed by braces. My teeth aren't too crooked or misaligned, although not perfect. However, from the side, my mouth is protruding (I think they call it a convex profile?), but I am unsure if my gums & bone structure are protruding, or if the teeth are protruding (or both)? Can only the dental protrusion be solved? I am fairly against getting any type of jaw surgery as they seem extremely invasive.
Yes, that's my case. My protrusion had been resolved with braces only.
In your case, I can't answer you because I don't have photos or X-rays. For my part, only my teeth protruded but not my bone structure neither my gums.
I've always rejected surgery too.
:?:-#):mrgreen: