Anyone else regret their ceramics?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samoorelaw

Re: Anyone else regret their ceramics?

#31 Post by samoorelaw »

Johnnyboy wrote:Samoorelaw I agree with you. I'm booked in to the orthodontist on Friday to have my top ceramic brackets removed and replaced to the Damon metal the same as I have on the bottom. I wish now that I had had the metal in the first place purely due to the brackets are mush smaller and more comfortable.
Good for you for realizing that. I hope your ceramics come off easier than mine: it wasn't painful, really, just a time-consuming and annoying process. Good luck!
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

Johnnyboy

#32 Post by Johnnyboy »

Hi Samoorelaw, well last Friday I had my appointment for my top ceramic brackets to be replaced with the Damon metal ones the same as I have on the bottom. It took about 45 minutes to remove the brackets and glue and to fit the new metal brackets. She also fitted a thicker arch wire in the top and bottom. Straight away I'm happier with how the new brackets feel. My mouth felt very tight for about 3 days. I wish I'd had these in the first place and I would of saved myself some money too.

alabamaashley

#33 Post by alabamaashley »

I don't have the rubber ligatures; they used tiny wires that you can't even see.

Only thing I don't like is that my orthodontist wouldn't put them on the bottom.

Here's mine:
https://imgur.com/a/uCrzQ

JCloNY

#34 Post by JCloNY »

I have ceramics on top and bottom. To date the only staining I've had is when I downed some delicious curry. I have tea every morning and other "staining" food and drinks without issue. I do however drink my daily tea with a straw.

Zero regrets getting ceramic. It's interesting how many folks think they are invaslign though....
2-year sentence of clear top and bottom braces commencing March 23, 2016
November 2016 - Class III elastics (starts from the bottom canine and goes to the upper 1st molar) on both sides
December 2016 - Two front teeth filed (IPR?) to make space to close black triangle and a power chain; 4 front bottom ceramic brackets replaced with metal brackets to force the teeth straighter; 1 broken bottom molar bracket (courtesy of a Tootsie Roll craving);

samoorelaw

#35 Post by samoorelaw »

Johnnyboy wrote:Hi Samoorelaw, well last Friday I had my appointment for my top ceramic brackets to be replaced with the Damon metal ones the same as I have on the bottom. It took about 45 minutes to remove the brackets and glue and to fit the new metal brackets. She also fitted a thicker arch wire in the top and bottom. Straight away I'm happier with how the new brackets feel. My mouth felt very tight for about 3 days. I wish I'd had these in the first place and I would of saved myself some money too.
Awesome, glad you're pleased with your decision!
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

buffon85

#36 Post by buffon85 »

just live your life. you can't avoid everything. i eat everything i want, i drink coffee, tea, red wine, i eat curry, tomato sauce, mustard and they are just a little yellow. so what? i can't have these two years back, i will keep enjoying everything I want.
one time I ate home made pop corn with red pepper, it was the first time my braces turned neon yellow (two or three days before I ate chicken with a loooot of curry and nothing happened). guess what! I love pop corn with paprika, I won't stop eating it.
after one year and three months, most of the times i don't remember I have braces.

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015