Getting braces for the 2nd time because of protrusion

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovespain5

Re: Getting braces for the 2nd time because of protrusion

#31 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:dentist says it would be a waste to have them removed if it does move. But nothing seems to be moving! Finally convinced my dentist to start removing my teeth, had 2 removed yesterday. I feel very miserable eating but I'm happy :)
Normally, it is hard to eat the first week but after you will recover completly.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

badbraces

#32 Post by badbraces »

My 2 lower bicuspids were finally removed yesterday! It could have been 2 weeks ago but I had other appointments. 4 teeth removed! I'm hoping they would move faster :(

Lovespain5

#33 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:My 2 lower bicuspids were finally removed yesterday! It could have been 2 weeks ago but I had other appointments. 4 teeth removed! I'm hoping they would move faster :(

Were the extractions painful? Are you OK?

Lovespain5

#34 Post by Lovespain5 »

You have the same bracket system as I had, between!

badbraces

#35 Post by badbraces »

the extractions were a nightmare! :( But I guess that's because I am really really scared of needles. I'm just so happy it's over.
Lovespain5 wrote:You have the same bracket system as I had, between!
what do you mean between? The brackets ordered and used were I guess for protrusion which my ortho mentioned :)

Lovespain5

#36 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:the extractions were a nightmare! :( But I guess that's because I am really really scared of needles. I'm just so happy it's over.
Lovespain5 wrote:You have the same bracket system as I had, between!
what do you mean between? The brackets ordered and used were I guess for protrusion which my ortho mentioned :)
If it hurts, you can put some cloves in the extraction sites, it helped me so much the first days.

With "bracket system", I want to say "type of braces" like Damon, Clarity, Tweed...

badbraces

#37 Post by badbraces »

feeling much better now :)

how long did your teeth move? It seems like my left canine are moving but my right canine has barely moved. I think it's more than 1mm of movement for the past month, How do I make the right one move faster?

Lovespain5

#38 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:feeling much better now :)

how long did your teeth move? It seems like my left canine are moving but my right canine has barely moved. I think it's more than 1mm of movement for the past month, How do I make the right one move faster?
It took me 24 months to close completly the gaps. But the teeth can move 1mm per month for some people, 1.5mm for others or 1mm per 3 months for others. Some teeth move faster than others between. The treatment may seem quick at the beginning and long at the end or on the contrary.

badbraces

#39 Post by badbraces »

thanks! seems to be 1mm per month for my left side and around 1mm per 3 months for the right side! :cry:

24 months seems so long though. Was it also 24 months for your lip incompetence to go away?

Lovespain5

#40 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:thanks! seems to be 1mm per month for my left side and around 1mm per 3 months for the right side! :cry:

24 months seems so long though. Was it also 24 months for your lip incompetence to go away?
No, I could close my mouth without strain after around 16-17 months of treatment.
But the gaps weren't completly closed at this time.
And don't forget that a case like ours needs twice time to be corrected as a classical overjet (the Class II with only upper premolars extracted).

badbraces

#41 Post by badbraces »

thanks for the info! I'm very happy with my progress so far!

It's been 2 months+ since my upper teeth extractions and 1 month for my lower teeth extractions! here's a GIF I made so you can all see my protrusion sinking! :D

first image 10-5-2016 is when I first had my upper teeth extractions and 2nd image is just now :)

I'm loving my smile more and more, and I'm so excited to close my gaps, they're finally moving fast! like around 1mm-2mm per month! :shock:

Lovespain5

#42 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:thanks for the info! I'm very happy with my progress so far!

It's been 2 months+ since my upper teeth extractions and 1 month for my lower teeth extractions! here's a GIF I made so you can all see my protrusion sinking! :D

first image 10-5-2016 is when I first had my upper teeth extractions and 2nd image is just now :)

I'm loving my smile more and more, and I'm so excited to close my gaps, they're finally moving fast! like around 1mm-2mm per month! :shock:
The results are wonderful!!! Your protrusion is definitely less and less important. I didn't see such rapid results in my case! You wear lateral rubber bands, isn't it?
Have you start seeing changes in your profile or in your face?

badbraces

#43 Post by badbraces »

I can see some results being that my lower lip isn't that protruded anymore than my upper lip :)

It isn't that much of a difference so I'll post pictures when I'll see better progress, but I'm more confident laughing now as my teeth don't point that much outwards anymore :lol:

Fibopix

#44 Post by Fibopix »

That is a huge difference when you see them together!

badbraces

#45 Post by badbraces »

hi, update one my braces, the lower teeth seems to be all closed off but my problem now is that it looks like my teeth is having an overbite problem! :( i have been out of town for 5 weeks and i noticed my lower teeth keep on moving upwards every week and i can't get in contact with my ortho. it's been 5 weeks since my last adjustment and i'll be going home 2 weeks from now, will this keep on going up nonstop if i don't do something? :cry: can i do something with this?

Is this normal?
https://imgur.com/a/k8WCH

sorry i don't have a camera with me so i only have phone quality pics