Extraction of bicuspids and benefits on the profile

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovespain5

Re: Extraction of bicuspids and benefits on the profile

#16 Post by Lovespain5 »

Thanks!
:?:-#):mrgreen:

buffon85

#17 Post by buffon85 »

hi! i had 4 extractions because i had bimaxillary protrusion and lip incompetence. i had crowding too but what i hated the most was my profile and the strain when i tried closing my lips. i am 1 year in my treatment and things look better, i think my profile is much better and lips can almost close. i am still a little worried about the final result! i hope everything goes fine! :D
can i take a look at your photos too? i would love to see your profile changes!

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

Lovespain5

#18 Post by Lovespain5 »

With pleasure! Your case looks a lot like mine! As photos of the face are forbidden on the forum, can you give me your mail by personnal message and I'll send you my own before/after photos. You will answer me on the forum.
The photos are taken by myself as I haven't picked up the photos at the orthodontist yet, so the quality isn't very good.
I'm glad that you see your improvements! Have you started with the elastics?

buffon85

#19 Post by buffon85 »

no i don´t have elastics.
i have powerchains. the powerchain was first used to retract the canines and now is used (single or double) to close the gaps between the canines and incisors and to retract the incisors back.

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

Lovespain5

#20 Post by Lovespain5 »

I had powerchains too, during nearly all my treatment. They were double for most of the time.
Like you, I had gaps between my incisors on the middle of the treatment. So that's the proof that your teeth are moving back well!
Moreover I had a special arch with loops, to accentuate the moving back of my teeth.
I had elastics for 18 months (always with the strength "extra-heavy" :crazy:), especially class II elastics. But I had all the configurations: the class III, a triangular one and elastic in one side only to perfect the center too! :crazy:
Hope you won't suffer as much as I suffered but the orthodontist will probably give you some elastics too I think.

autumnl

#21 Post by autumnl »

Top 2 bicuspids gone today! Most of the pain was when the novocaine started wearing off- feeling ok now. 2 bottoms next Monday and then the fun really starts I guess. Ortho used the "official" term bimaxillary protrusion today lol. He usually talks to me in layman's terms. I just call it "teeth that stick out way too far". :-*

Lovespain5

#22 Post by Lovespain5 »

Glad to learn that all is Ok! Hope that you can eat easily. Me too, before my treatment I used to say ugly lips and too much teeth! :mrgreen:

autumnl

#23 Post by autumnl »

OMG. I am hurting so much. Not from the extraction sites, but the braced teeth are seriously throbbing!!! :-((
I can't bite anything. Not looking forward to Monday when I get the bottoms done. Motrin takes the pain away for a bit, but it comes back long before it's time to take more :( :(. I just keep telling myself- it will be worth it, eyes on the prize lol.

Lovespain5

#24 Post by Lovespain5 »

Yeah. The beginning for me was very difficult too. The pain could last until one week :gavel:

Lovespain5

#25 Post by Lovespain5 »

How are you autumnI? Have you been completly braced today? :-#)

autumnl

#26 Post by autumnl »

Hi!! Thanks for checking in on me. Bottom teeth out just about an hour ago :yuck: Just gotta get these healed up and let the fun begin :mrgreen:

Lovespain5

#27 Post by Lovespain5 »

OK! The pain in the beginning is completly normal. After your teeth will get the habit with braces. You will suffer a little after each appointement until the rubber bands which hurt so much. I am not orthodontist but avoid to start directly with rubber bands with extra-heavy strength. When the ortho put my class 2 Rams I thought I would be dead soon...

Lovespain5

#28 Post by Lovespain5 »

For people who are treated for a bimaxillar protrusion with 4 extractions, there's another excellent result on the profile I've just found on the internet.

(from scielo.br)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

badbraces

#29 Post by badbraces »

Lovespain5 wrote:For people who are treated for a bimaxillar protrusion with 4 extractions, there's another excellent result on the profile I've just found on the internet.

(from scielo.br)
this is a really great improvement!! thanks for this lovespain!

can't wait for my protrusion to be greatly reduced! But my concern is that I think my protrusion is a lot more severe than what I've seen so far, I hope I still get great results :(

Lovespain5

#30 Post by Lovespain5 »

badbraces wrote:
Lovespain5 wrote:For people who are treated for a bimaxillar protrusion with 4 extractions, there's another excellent result on the profile I've just found on the internet.

(from scielo.br)
this is a really great improvement!! thanks for this lovespain!

can't wait for my protrusion to be greatly reduced! But my concern is that I think my protrusion is a lot more severe than what I've seen so far, I hope I still get great results :(
How much do your arches need to be retruded to resolve completly your protrusion, to achieve the result in your gif?