Final results

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovespain5

Final results

#1 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hello everyone!
Here's my story.
I had slightly crooked teeth and a class II overbite.
I had my upper and lower first premolars extracted.
I wore braces for 2 years and 8 months, and one year and a half of suffering with rubber bands.
I am very happy with the results, on the teeth and on the profile. But my upper jaw has become slightly narrower.
What do you think? Were the extractions the good solution?

Here's my photos:

https://www.imageshack.us/i/plO6O8wrj

https://www.imageshack.us/i/pm9Z1u2mj

Lorianne

Re: Final results

#2 Post by Lorianne »

They look really nice. If you had a before pic I could comment on how your upper jaw looks in comparison.

Lovespain5

Re: Final results

#3 Post by Lovespain5 »

Thank you!
About the photos before, I avoided when I smiled to show my teeth before my treatment. I manifested a real complex about this. And I haven't picked up the before/after photos at the orthodontist yet. My upper jaw was larger before, it's normal I've chosen extractions to reduce my protrusion. But there is no black corridors, so no narrowness I think, just my upper and lower jaw have the same dimension now.
I react like this because I read a lot of negative points about the bicuspid extraction and it's psychological. The results change me a lot in a positive way and I need some time to accustom to my new appearance :-)