Second to last adjustment and front teeth have moved

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jamielynn

Second to last adjustment and front teeth have moved

#1 Post by Jamielynn »

Hi there. I have had braces since May of 2014. I went in for my second to last adjustment yesterday. My two front teeth were straight and lined up on the bottom, but now one is shorter than the other. My next adjustment is June 30. Should I call the orthodontist or wait? It's really annoying me. My next adjustment will only be for 2 weeks and I get them off July 14. Will that be enough time to fix it? Its not off by much but I see it and it wasn't like that before the adjustment. Please help. Thank u!

djspeece

Re: Second to last adjustment and front teeth have moved

#2 Post by djspeece »

Given that you have been in braces for two years, and I am assuming that the ortho did not add any custom bends to your arch wire at your last adjustment, I would probably be safe and call to see what might be causing it. I am not an orthodontist of course, but I would hope that any last minute tweaking could be accomplished to correct the issue, if indeed it was not planned. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Lorianne

Re: Second to last adjustment and front teeth have moved

#3 Post by Lorianne »

Wow! Your post could've been written by me, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I'm also at my second to (hopefully) last adjustment and suddenly my front central incisor is shorter than it was before my adjustment last week! It was shorter by the time I got home from the appt and boy, was I sort of freaking. I soooo want these off already. Now I'll need to move this tooth back down at my next appt in, what is now, two more weeks. And I'm praying he can make that happen. But I have a feeling it'll now push out a debanding date for me.