6 Month Smiles braces going on next weekend

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MadSpinner

Re: 6 Month Smiles braces going on next weekend

#31 Post by MadSpinner »

Good luck to all those having their braces soon!
Mine will be tomorrow. I share the same feelings with the others too.
Hoping for the best.

golfgirl

#32 Post by golfgirl »

Thank you!

MummaFish48

#33 Post by MummaFish48 »

MadSpinner wrote:Good luck to all those having their braces soon!
Hoping for the best.
Good Luck! I have 3weeks to wait for mine! Wish it was tomorrow so I knew what it was like sooner!!

MadSpinner

#34 Post by MadSpinner »

MummaFish48 wrote:
MadSpinner wrote:Good luck to all those having their braces soon!
Hoping for the best.
Good Luck! I have 3weeks to wait for mine! Wish it was tomorrow so I knew what it was like sooner!!
Days would really pass by quick! I was not even expecting that it is already tomorrow that I'd get my braces!
Prepare yourself holistically while you wait. :)

golfgirl

#35 Post by golfgirl »

Both of us today, MadSpinner! I leave for my appointment in two hours... :)

golfgirl

#36 Post by golfgirl »

Mine are on! Different to what I expected. She did the brackets freehand, and I'd thought they were sort of slotted on in a mouth guard supplied from the company.

Anyway, perfectly painless. (The cleaning was more uncomfortable! New jet-wash type polisher that I've never come across before. Rather fierce!)

Went for lunch afterwards and ate half as much as normal and it took twice as long. Hoping the "Braces Diet" will help with the 20lb I could do with losing. :-)

Just cleaned them - and OMG the food that can out as I brushed. Yeuch! Bits of pepper and onion and god knows what.

They've been on 6 hours now and no pain or tenderness yet.

How's everyone else doing? x

Len

#37 Post by Len »

Mine are going To my mouth thursday and I've watched most youtube videos about it and I could almost swear if I was 15 years-old I'd be studying to be an Orthodontist now because I'm so in love with teeth lol really.

golfgirl

#38 Post by golfgirl »

Funny how we're all so excited yet also slightly trepidatious! Such a positive thing for us to be doing for ourselves. As L'Oreal keeps telling us, we're worth it. :-)

golfgirl

#39 Post by golfgirl »

Day 4 and I've chewed! Not just sucked and swallowed (pardon me for such an expression, but it's literal), but gently chewed!

At this rate I might be able to do some small justice to our Easter feast at the weekend.

How are all you other newbies doing? :-)

shanlola

#40 Post by shanlola »

Good luck :)

Cmilt

#41 Post by Cmilt »

So far it has went pretty smooth for me. Next Monday I get the rest of the top and all of the bottom put on. I a little nervous but I'm sure the pain will be only about a week or so and it will feel better. I did get some protein drinks and soft food to eat the first few days. How is everyone else doing so far? Good luck to all getting their braces on this week.

golfgirl

#42 Post by golfgirl »

All fine with my braces but OMG the bands are so stained. They look hideous. The culprit: CHOCOLATE!

Just going to have to stick it out (and smile with my mouth closed) for a week or two till they're changed.

Don't eat chocolate! Or at least swill and brush straight afterwards. I've learned my lesson. :oops:

Cmilt

#43 Post by Cmilt »

I got the rest of my top braces and the bottom put on today. So far I haven't really had any pain. Just feels weird getting used to having a mouth full of metal. I was even able to eat meatballs and mashed potatoes for dinner. Thank god for the waterpik. Who knew so much food could get caught up in the braces. I ordered a portable waterpik today to take to work. Can't have food stuck everywhere when I talk to my clients. Lol.

golfgirl

#44 Post by golfgirl »

I know! I find leeks and rocket are the worst! :o

I don't have a waterpik - I just rely on brushing, brushing and more brushing.

I haven't had any pain to speak of either. (I almost wish I did - I'd know the process was working!)

Cmilt

#45 Post by Cmilt »

Day 2 and my teeth are very sensitive. Brushing was ok but, I Definitely am sticking to soft foods. Had one bracket rub a canker sore so I put wax on it and it feels much better now. Couple days of soft foods and I think it will feel much better. Hope everyone else is doing good!!