What I'm looking forward to after my braces come off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracesat57

Re: What I'm looking forward to after my braces come off

#16 Post by Bracesat57 »

djspeece wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:I'm looking forward to not having to clean my bathroom mirror so often! :wink:
I found that very funny. I started keeping Windex and a roll of paper towels on the bathroom counter!

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

LongJourney

#17 Post by LongJourney »

1. Teeth whitening so I can get ride of these white spots ( I can get ride of them right???)

2. confidence. Honestly that's the best part. All my life, I would constantly hide my teeth when I laugh and never liked taking pics because my smile was always crooked. I hated talking to people because of my lower crooked teeth and big overbite. So yah when I get it off, my selfie game is going to be strong.

3. SUBWAY SANDWICH. Ugh I can't wait to just take a good big ole bite without worrying about what's stuck between my teeth and cutting it to small pieces.

This is making me depressed, I'm only at my 3rd month and my sentence is 2 years :(

Lucyinthesky

#18 Post by Lucyinthesky »

Curry! I had white/invisible brackets and I am so looking forward to eating curry. The plan was to eat lots of curries for a bit after getting braces off, except I'm getting my teeth whitened in a few days after only having my braces off for a week so don't want to ruin that haha.

Lucyinthesky

#19 Post by Lucyinthesky »

[quote="LongJourney"]1. Teeth whitening so I can get ride of these white spots ( I can get ride of them right???)

2. confidence. Honestly that's the best part. All my life, I would constantly hide my teeth when I laugh and never liked taking pics because my smile was always crooked. I hated talking to people because of my lower crooked teeth and big overbite. So yah when I get it off, my selfie game is going to be strong.

[/quote]

Are the white spots where the tooth has demineralised? I have that and my dentist said the whitening would help to demineralised it (or words to that effect!)

Confidence - yes! I always covered my mouth and hated getting my picture taken.

Lucyinthesky

#20 Post by Lucyinthesky »

[quote="Lucyinthesky"][quote="LongJourney"]1. Teeth whitening so I can get ride of these white spots ( I can get ride of them right???)

[/quote]

Are the white spots where the tooth has demineralised? I have that and my dentist said the whitening would help to remineralise it (or words to that effect!)

Confidence - yes! I always covered my mouth and hated getting my picture taken.[/quote]

NeilH

#21 Post by NeilH »

I have been travelling most of the day (Scotland to Denmark) and I've loved not having to try to find somewhere to clean my teeth after every bite to eat and also being able to eat anything without a thought about staining or being too hard, crunchy or chewy. Can get used to this post braces lifestyle! Ah, retainers next week so better make the most of it!

Mish11

#22 Post by Mish11 »

Love my Mexican food, I can't wait to bite into: tacos, toastadas, burritos, carnitas and chips. I had carnitas after I got my braces and worst mistake ever!!! The shredded meat was all over my back braces..No Bueno! I just miss biting into food, haha.

occamsblazer

#23 Post by occamsblazer »

janedoe wrote:As a 26 year old, lipstick + online dating!
Oh my GOD this is literally me too!

metalliKa

#24 Post by metalliKa »

Gnawing on bones! I will clean my bones better than any dog...it's an ancient Chinese secret to growing old gracefully. :wink:
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

roadmap9

#25 Post by roadmap9 »

My braces came off last Friday and have been wearing Hawley retainers since. I am told to wear them 24/7 for 6 months, except when eating, and maybe 12 hours for the next six.

There is only ONE thing I look forward to — eating normally but the main reason is not having to wear the retainers. It's like giving my teeth a breather. :-)

One thing I don't look forward to — talking. I am having a terrible lisp and people can't seem to understand me. I think this will eventually get better but right now, I don't want to speak. :-)

Even though the braces are off, I still floss and brush my teeth religiously after every meal. Sometimes, I have the urge to snack but then the thought of taking my retainers off and then brushing my teeth again kinda dissuade me.

I still don't smile because I know I am wearing the retainers. I guess this stems from consciously aware of my braces days.

musicbrace

#26 Post by musicbrace »

Not looking like a 13 year old..

Not having to replace my toothbrush as often because i keep tearing them..

bad breath :(

musicbrace

#27 Post by musicbrace »

occamsblazer wrote:
janedoe wrote:As a 26 year old, lipstick + online dating!
Oh my GOD this is literally me too!

26 years old here.. AND YES

I can't wait to wear lipstick. Feels awkward

FlowerPower

#28 Post by FlowerPower »

Being able to finally smile, not having anxietywhen it comes to socializing, the feeling of getting food stuck in my teeth, and eating bagels...

snbar

#29 Post by snbar »

Definitely more confidence!
Hopeful no more RBF after my teeth gets fixed.

testimony777

#30 Post by testimony777 »

I am looking forward to:
CURRY!!!!!
normal brushing and flossing
not feeling brackets on my teeth (it has been almost one year and while my braces are not painful anymore I am definitely aware of them at least 80% of the time)

And finally not having to:
remove and replace elastics before/after a meal
rinse/brush my teeth after every meal
hesitate before eating something hard, leafy, or potentially staining

What a great thread!
Braced: March 18, 2016
De-bonded : December 29, 2017 (22 months out of the 18-24 month treatment plan I was given)
Retainers: Fixed on top and bottom/ Clear, removable for nighttime wear