Adult braces and professional life

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WonkyIncisor

Re: Adult braces and professional life

#16 Post by WonkyIncisor »

Thanks for this post, Professor. I am going on my multiple interviews this week for the first time since having a metal mouth and I was really concerned. Mainly because my bite blockers are causing a slight lisp that I can not shake after 5 weeks. Oh, and I have purple ligaments, but I'll tone that down this Monday prior to my interviews starting on Tuesday.

TheProfessor

Re: Adult braces and professional life

#17 Post by TheProfessor »

I've had my braces off for 11 days now and none of my colleagues at work have noticed until I point it out to them (one of my students noticed and announced it to the class :oops: ) In my mind, this proves that braces are REALLY no big deal. People notice when you get braces and are usually too polite to say anything, then they get used to seeing you with them and never notice your teeth again!!!!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!