What colors look good on adults?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MonaLisa

What colors look good on adults?

#1 Post by MonaLisa »

I have a feeling that certain colors might look bizarre in an adult's mouth... but I'm not sure. What colors did you guys find to be nice?

EWUgal15

Re: What colors look good on adults?

#2 Post by EWUgal15 »

I've used a bunch of different colors on my metal brackets. I think the green have been my least favorite so far. It really depends on you though: your preferences and if you're going for a more discreet look or not.

My favorites have been purple, hot pink, and blues. For some reason, blue seems to make your teeth look whiter.

NeilH

#3 Post by NeilH »

Black is definitely my favourite.

teeebeee

#4 Post by teeebeee »

Somebody had quite dainty looking silver wires with pale blue...it was soooo pretty! :)

T xx

jaime

#5 Post by jaime »

I've literally had all colours on my metal lowers (I have ceramic uppers so I get clear ligs on those). It's actually pretty hard to see the colours at the bottom unless someone is close to you and specifically looking at your mouth.

I've been a fan of the more vibrant colours. I currently have red and green from before Christmas. The assistants at my ortho's office have told me they think it's great I don't shy away from colours.

It's only strange if you think it is! I'm obviously biased think it shows that you're a confident person with a sense of humour and a fun side...but that's just me. :tingrin:
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Felina Grimm

#6 Post by Felina Grimm »

I also wear most colors except white, pink, and clear. The rest are fair game.
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

owira

#7 Post by owira »

In the 3 years I've had em all but clear and black - can't complain about any of color really lol

schilla36

#8 Post by schilla36 »

Purple, dark blue, and silver have been my choices so far, and I've loved them! I want to try black, neon orange, green, and maybe red.

mattt

#9 Post by mattt »

Anything with high contrast, stay away from yellow :D

mattt

#10 Post by mattt »

oh and white can make your teeth look yellow as well

Nozzelnut

#11 Post by Nozzelnut »

I don't need to stand out; so smoke, pearl on my ceramics, and silver, gray on my metal brackets.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

ditsy

#12 Post by ditsy »

I started with a baby blue, but to be honest it was pretty but fades and stained easily. Then I went with teal, then cerise pink, then pink, purple and teal, then pink and purple and I have just had a Christmas red lol! Im not sure what I'll go for next, I'm hoping to get all my brackets on (a molar and a canine have been left out) then I might go rainbow :D