Round 3

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msw

Round 3

#1 Post by msw »

I took the plunge last Thursday and got braces again to correct some imperfections on my bottom arch. I was still in retention with my previous orthodontist but selected a new doctor for the re-treatment, and I'm very pleased with this decision. I'm braced on my bottom front 8 and treatment is expected to last for about 6 months.

I had Damons before but I went with traditional metal brackets this time, and these brackets are definitely bigger and thus more visible. I guess maybe I just have tiny teeth because these brackets look and feel HUGE! But regardless, I know this sounds weird, but I'm soooo glad to be back in braces to get the smile I've always wanted!

The orthodontist started me out with a .16 square wire to speed up treatment and I can definitely already feel and see some small movements. I'm hurting a bit, but again, so happy to be this much closer to the perfect smile! :tingrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

metalliKa

Re: Round 3

#2 Post by metalliKa »

What are the lower arch imperfections? Btw, your top looks great!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

metalliKa

#3 Post by metalliKa »

Oops! It was the rotated lower left lateral? Another question? How much for this short term round?

msw

#4 Post by msw »

Yeah, some of the teeth were rotated and one tooth was shorter than the others. Of course, the orthodontist also found additional issues that I hadn't even noticed, so I'm really glad I decided to visit this new orthodontist after some frustrations with my previous one. Basically this is the finishing and fine-tuning that my previous orthodontist should have done but didn't (and didn't seem willing to do).

The total cost for the limited treatment will be $1415 ($695 at bonding plus $120/month x 6 months).

Thank you for the compliment on my top arch! I'm pleased with the way it looks post-braces. I'm still wearing my Essix-type retainer at night. New ortho found some minor things I could correct on the top, but I'm dunzo with full braces. Although, part of my current treatment plan is for new ortho to smooth the edges of my top front teeth so that they're even. And eventually I'll repair the chip that I've had since I was 13.

metalliKa

#5 Post by metalliKa »

That's great that this new ortho is more thorough and will be correcting those minor changes for a smaller fee. I'm 9 months into my treatment and ortho is anticipating my debrace date for March...I feel my teeth aren't as nice as I want them to be...I wonder if three months is enough to get my concerns corrected. At my last adjustment, I got new thicker wires but no power chains so a few minor gaps opened up. Also my right upper and lower teeth are not interlocking like they are on the left. I hope to get those minor gaps and the alignment of my right upper and lower teeth corrected at next adjustment.

Good luck with your treatment and keep us posted on your progress!

msw

#6 Post by msw »

I'm one week in, and I can already see some improvement. Below are before and one-week pics. I know the orthodontist will do more detailing, but I'm pleased with the progress so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djspeece

#7 Post by djspeece »

Looking good, keep up the good work! (I was so tempted to say "Oh you're looking down in the mouth, please cheer up" but that is too goofy, even for me.)
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying