Bite slanting during treament?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JMP75

Bite slanting during treament?

#1 Post by JMP75 »

Hi everyone,

I am in my second month of braces. I have begun to notice my bite slanting on one side as pictured here:
http://imgur.com/MHuB65B

Just wondering if this is something anyone has experienced before? I have my next appointment in a few week, but I am kinda concerned about it lately. When I started treatment it was straight!

30yearoldbraceface

Re: Bite slanting during treament?

#2 Post by 30yearoldbraceface »

I'm in my 6th month and I've also just noticed that my bite seems slanted towards my left side. I see my ortho next week, so will let you know what the outcome is for me.

Handsdown

#3 Post by Handsdown »

Mine has done exactly the same thing! I imagine it's just all part of straightening things out, people do say it gets worse before it gets better (something I've certainly noticed). I just had another adjustment and my ortho was really pleased with my progress, her positivity eased my mind a lot!! I think we all look at our teeth far more once we're braced, so notice the tiniest of changes, and because we have never experienced braces before it's easy to worry about changes that don't appear to be making our teeth look/feel better... Speak to your ortho and hopefully they will ease your concerns. I'm sure it's all just part of the process :thumbsup:

NapalmKitty

#4 Post by NapalmKitty »

Yeah, happened to me, too. Sometimes your front teeth might slant outward or inward and your molars can do that, too. But it does get better.