I'm new to this and just go separators...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Boomer14

I'm new to this and just go separators...

#1 Post by Boomer14 »

I just got separators in like 5 min ago and they hurt so bad..... They are irritating...... Any suggestions? I have football practice in a while idk if I can handle it.

Ridingboots

Re: I'm new to this and just go separators...

#2 Post by Ridingboots »

The bad news separators are probably one of the most painful part about braces but luckily they are only a couple of weeks. Maybe try taking something to help.

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery

Boomer14

#3 Post by Boomer14 »

Is it normal for one to already be really loose

leelou905

#4 Post by leelou905 »

Probably not, but if hasn't fallen out then leave it.
If it falls out, call the orthodontist ask them if it needs to go back in, if not then your tooth has simply made enough space.
Otherwise they will put it back in for you.

Spacers hurt, they're the worst pain of it all I promise.
26 years - Needed braces since forever - very severely overcrowded teeth - now missing both my lateral incisors - laterlizing the canines - started braces treatment 22nd July 2015 - metal braces silver ligs - from UK Nottingham - Robin Hood lives here :)

Kissyface30

#5 Post by Kissyface30 »

I just got 4 spacers placed this afternoon. It hurt like heck when she out them in but they don't hurt anymore, just annoying. I get braced on 8/17/15.

leelou905

#6 Post by leelou905 »

Kissyface30 wrote:I just got 4 spacers placed this afternoon. It hurt like heck when she out them in but they don't hurt anymore, just annoying. I get braced on 8/17/15.
Really hurts when they put them in doesn't it? Before I had them in i researched if it hurt having them put in and everyone said no it doesn't. Complete lies!! lol
26 years - Needed braces since forever - very severely overcrowded teeth - now missing both my lateral incisors - laterlizing the canines - started braces treatment 22nd July 2015 - metal braces silver ligs - from UK Nottingham - Robin Hood lives here :)

Boomer14

Re: I'm new to this and just got separators...

#7 Post by Boomer14 »

The constant pressure is giving me a terrible headache anything help that?

Kissyface30

#8 Post by Kissyface30 »

[quote="leelou905"][quote="Kissyface30"]I just got 4 spacers placed this afternoon. It hurt like heck when she out them in but they don't hurt anymore, just annoying. I get braced on 8/17/15.[/quote]

Really hurts when they put them in doesn't it? Before I had them in i researched if it hurt having them put in and everyone said no it doesn't. Complete lies!! lol[/quote]

Definetly not the case lol. My teeth are tender and it hurts to apply pressure today. Other than when attempting to eat, no pain.

Jerseybeauty

#9 Post by Jerseybeauty »

Spacers are the worst part of having braces.

TheProfessor

#10 Post by TheProfessor »

I had two spacers put in for a molar band 15 months into my treatment. They didn't hurt at all when they were put in but the next 3 days were terrible and the worst pain I've had since starting braces. Then the pain eased off for the next couple of days and the band placement was easy. Hang in there, this will be over soon!!!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!