Ready for debracing?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Featheryy1221

Ready for debracing?

#1 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I'm to that point where everyone gets near the end of their treatment where I am questioning if I'm 'ready.' I was told at my last appointment, I'm in the final stage and my next appointment is a possible debrace appointment (though it probably wont be).

I'm personally SOOO happy about my results and my smile now is way better than i could have ever imagined. I can't see how they can fix anything more to make it 100% perfect. The tiny gaps are due to tooth shape, so there isn't anything they can really do.

However. as you may be able to tell in my photo, my midline is slightly off. Do you notice it? I only see it/notice it due to this website so I guess do you think normal every day people would notice it?
An off midline won't bother me if I don't think it's that noticeable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

metalliKa

Re: Ready for debracing?

#2 Post by metalliKa »

Perfect! I don't see anything that the ortho could do more and your midline is aligned to my eyes. Your right upper central incisor...what looks like a little chip from the before picture...how did your ortho fix that? My midline has eroded a slightly bit giving my midline this ^ look. Hahaha

And again congrats on nearing your ortho journey!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Featheryy1221

#3 Post by Featheryy1221 »

metalliKa wrote:Perfect! I don't see anything that the ortho could do more and your midline is aligned to my eyes. Your right upper central incisor...what looks like a little chip from the before picture...how did your ortho fix that? My midline has eroded a slightly bit giving my midline this ^ look. Hahaha

And again congrats on nearing your ortho journey!
Thank you! :)

Yeah, that tooth was extremely crooked and was over lapping my other tooth, not really chipped. It definitely looks that way from the photo though; I wish I took better 'before' shots. The shape of that tooth was pretty weird when it got straightened out though (one tiny portion of the tooth was short; the majority of it was too long). So my ortho just shaved it down to match my other tooth. I'm sure your ortho will do the same when the time comes. :)

tartanhabit

#4 Post by tartanhabit »

I'd be thrilled with results like that congratulations!

dantocanada

#5 Post by dantocanada »

Your teeth look awesome. So much whiter and more level than mine. As I had a fair amount of wear to my teeth, my front teeth are uneven...I think I'm going to need some cosmetic work done to make it look right.I totally don't notice your midline being off at all. Looks perfect to me.

Featheryy1221

#6 Post by Featheryy1221 »

tartanhabit wrote:I'd be thrilled with results like that congratulations!
Thank you! :) I am very pleased with how they've turned out. Seeing the comparison is pretty amazing. :)
dantocanada wrote:Your teeth look awesome. So much whiter and more level than mine. As I had a fair amount of wear to my teeth, my front teeth are uneven...I think I'm going to need some cosmetic work done to make it look right.I totally don't notice your midline being off at all. Looks perfect to me.
Thanks! :) I have a lot of wear on the center part of my molars on the chewing surfaces, so don't feel too bad. Luckily that should stop now that they've fixed my bite issues.

leelou905

#7 Post by leelou905 »

your teeth are crazy white :shock: lovely smile! The midline thing is barely noticable, didn't even spot it till you mentioned :)
26 years - Needed braces since forever - very severely overcrowded teeth - now missing both my lateral incisors - laterlizing the canines - started braces treatment 22nd July 2015 - metal braces silver ligs - from UK Nottingham - Robin Hood lives here :)