Completely off topic: License photo

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lorianne

Completely off topic: License photo

#1 Post by Lorianne »

I know this is off topic, but OMG, I just realized my license expires in 10 days and I have to go get it renewed. Dang! I'm gonna be stuck with a brace face photo for the next 5 years!!!! I wonder if I can get an extension or something. I'm so close but yet so far! There is no way they'll be off by then. Maybe 45 days or so. Maybe. I'm bummed. I can't do a smileless picture either. It's just not in me not to smile for the camera. Anybody else have a brace face license photo?

deathorglory

Re: Completely off topic: License photo

#2 Post by deathorglory »

If your state allows you to renew your license online, they'll reuse your old photo :) Just FYI
Braces on March 7th, 2014
Lower Jaw Surgery (BSSO) March 30th, 2015

newbite

#3 Post by newbite »

Where I live they prohibit us from smiling in our license photos. They also seem to make an extra effort to take it at the most unflattering angle possible.

If you do end up with a picture of you with braces, you can always get a new license picture when your braces are off!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

jaime

#4 Post by jaime »

Where I live, we're not allowed to smile in our ID photos. I don't see what would be so bad about not smiling in your photo if you don't want to show off your braces.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

007Jaws

#5 Post by 007Jaws »

Yikes! I just realized I need to renew my license photo this year too. I guess I'll plan on not smiling. :paperbag:

teeebeee

#6 Post by teeebeee »

newbite wrote:Where I live they prohibit us from smiling in our license photos. They also seem to make an extra effort to take it at the most unflattering angle possible.
You aren't allowed to smile here, either. And, no matter how passable a picture you send, they always manage to crop it in such a way as to make you look like public enemy no. 1. :lol: I've always maintained that that's the plum job of the day in the DVLA - if you've been a really good worker, you get to mess with people's pics for the day! :)

T xx

djspeece

#7 Post by djspeece »

I recall once I had to show a photo ID, and they asked for my DL specifically (I also have one from DoD as a retired naval officer). The girl looked at the horrendo picture, looked up at me and I told her that the picture was taken before I had all the plastic surgery (as a joke).
She didn't get it either.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

metalliKa

#8 Post by metalliKa »

I used to live in MN and you have up to a year to renew your license from the date of expiration. After that, your license is no longer valid and will have to take both the written and road test all over again. You should check with the DMV.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

bbsadmin

#9 Post by bbsadmin »

Haha, they have reused my old license photo for more than 10 years now! And yes, in that photo I'm wearing braces! :pinkbraces:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!