Should I delay my brace date further?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lollypop

Should I delay my brace date further?

#1 Post by lollypop »

As expected my brace date has been delayed due to incognito (lingual braces) requiring more impressions. I've been getting quite frustrated of late as I originally made the decision to get braces way back in Feb. Everything takes soooo long! Anyway my brace date was 1st June. They've left a voicemail saying that they're still waiting on incognito so we need to rearrange. I had the extra impressions done about 2 weeks ago so I'd expect them to rearrange for around mid June. I have two weeks coming up for which I'm a bridesmaid in early to mid July so I will be fairly newly braced. Possibly with some pain and definitely with big visible gaps - which the thought of us is stressing be out big time ! Should I just wait till the weddings are over?
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

ItsFreyja

Re: Should I delay my brace date further?

#2 Post by ItsFreyja »

Well, I think people will be looking at your teeth way less than you think in these weddings, but if you're this worried about it, what's a few more weeks when you've been waiting several months?

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

While I wouldn't schedule an adjustment the morning before the big day, one month is more than enough to get over the initial braces pain and be talking normally again.

ditsy

#4 Post by ditsy »

You're really stressing about the weddings and the gaps. Personally I would be too, so I would say wait. After you have the brace and the gaps they soon become less of a big deal but prior to all the wires and gaps it is a big thing.
You will have some nice pictures to look at to get you through your "down" days when you have the gaps and braces and you will be far less stressed about the way you will look on the day.
So yes if I were you and I felt as uncomfortable about it as you are feeling I would wait if the option was there xx

lollypop

#5 Post by lollypop »

Thanks for your help guys. I rang the ortho this morning and have postponed. I feel good about it. It's nice not to have the worry. I've also volunteered to make a speech at the wedding :-)

New brace date is now 27th July. A little later than I was hoping but that is when my ortho is back in. Also around the time I'm hoping to move into a new house so will have that to look forward to to. :-D

Thanks again all
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

ditsy

#6 Post by ditsy »

:) cool. Glad you're feeling happier about it all xx