How long did it take for you to get braced?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracefaceekimmie

Re: How long did it take for you to get braced?

#16 Post by bracefaceekimmie »

I ended up going with the 2800$ option. Kept all my teeth. Lol. It's going good. I need to learn to put up pics because I've been having alot of movement.

Tyrantblade

#17 Post by Tyrantblade »

To get to the appointment; like half a week.

In the chair getting them put on, like 2 hours due to a few small issues (was supposed to be 1.5 hours)
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

bretthov

#18 Post by bretthov »

not sure what is typical, but I had consultations with three places over the last 3 weeks. I decided on the one to go with last week and have impressions and spacers done in a little over a week with braces to be put on two weeks after. It could have been faster but needing to get a root canal/crown fit in next week before the impressions are done.