Tooth Dreams

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MissV

Tooth Dreams

#1 Post by MissV »

One month in to my braces journey and I am already seeing progress which I am happy about...but had the following dream a few nights ago. Without telling the long drawn out version here is the jist: I woke up (in the dream) and half of my teeth had fallen out of my mouth! They weren't in my mouth, just abracadabra 'poof' and gone! My orthodontist made an appearance in the dream saying no big deal I just make dental implants for the teeth and by the way your braces will only stay on for nine months instead of 18 months. Then I woke up and had to laugh! LOL!!!!

Disclaimer: I had pulled an almost all nighter for work and could have been delirious prior to falling asleep but I have read (since this crazy a** dream) that dreams about teeth falling out have various meanings. http://www.newhealthguide.org/Dream-Int ... g-Out.html

Have you had this type of dream before? All armchair analysis is appreciated! I am still chuckling about it...

newbite

Re: Tooth Dreams

#2 Post by newbite »

I used to have teeth dreams a lot, funnily enough have only had one I remember since getting braces, and it was just a few days ago. I don't remember it too clearly, just that at least one of my teeth had fallen out but was still held in place by my braces.

As a kid my teeth dreams were mostly just my teeth falling out and me being helpless to stop it. As an adult they turned into me knowing my teeth were going to fall out and desperately searching for a dentist to help me. I wonder what they'll be like when I'm elderly??
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

jaime

#3 Post by jaime »

I had nightmares about my teeth all through childhood and young(er) adulthood. It was awful.

Now that I have braces, I've dreamt a few times that I awake from sleeping, look in the mirror, and my braces have just vanished. I think in the dream, I assume I swallowed it all in my sleep (like that's totally possible, haha). I typically have that dream when I've been feeling guilty about not taking better care of my braces.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

metalliKa

#4 Post by metalliKa »

When I first got braces, I dreamed that one of my lateral incisor came loose or fell out leaving the bracket hanging supported by the archwire. Then just a few days ago, I dreamed that I had my braces off, but my teeth looked fake, like dentures. :crazy: :jokerlaugh:
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

aspiromusings

#5 Post by aspiromusings »

MissV wrote:One month in to my braces journey and I am already seeing progress which I am happy about...but had the following dream a few nights ago. Without telling the long drawn out version here is the jist: I woke up (in the dream) and half of my teeth had fallen out of my mouth! They weren't in my mouth, just abracadabra 'poof' and gone! My orthodontist made an appearance in the dream saying no big deal I just make dental implants for the teeth and by the way your braces will only stay on for nine months instead of 18 months. Then I woke up and had to laugh! LOL!!!!

Disclaimer: I had pulled an almost all nighter for work and could have been delirious prior to falling asleep but I have read (since this crazy a** dream) that dreams about teeth falling out have various meanings. http://www.newhealthguide.org/Dream-Int ... g-Out.html

Have you had this type of dream before? All armchair analysis is appreciated! I am still chuckling about it...
I've had this dream multiple times with the most recent one not long after my premolar extractions, I was actually at a public event and when the teeth fell out I was scrambling to piece them back in my mouth (not sure why I thought that would work lmao)

I actually woke up sweating from the stress of that dream! :GapToothed: :GapToothed: :GapToothed: :GapToothed: :GapToothed:
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

mrscetrone

#6 Post by mrscetrone »

I've had a couple of dreams where certain teeth have fallen out. :lol:

clouds1

#7 Post by clouds1 »

I've had the falling out teeth ones a lot of times. Now that I'm in braces I've had a few whee the brackets have fallen off. Just normal worries rising to the surface in my dreams I guess.

MissV

#8 Post by MissV »

So sorry for following up on this months later...unfortunately a lot of family stuff had me preoccupied.

Sometimes I forgot the braces were on I was so caught up in multiple dramas.

Im glad I am not the only person who has these dreams :)

autumn9285

#9 Post by autumn9285 »

This is hilarious...I've been braced for a little over two months. I've had two dreams where my teeth have fallen out haha. I though I was the only one! Good to know I'm not! :jump:

gaborousseau

#10 Post by gaborousseau »

I just had my first teeth-related dreams!
My molars were breaking in half and falling out :shock: I woked up on my couch very freaked out!