Just curious about everyone's treatment cost

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

6bug

Just curious about everyone's treatment cost

#1 Post by 6bug »

I live in Hawaii and we have one of the highest cost of living in the nation. I went for three consults and was quoted pretty much the same (about $5800 for traditional, damon, lingual and even invisilign). I decided to go the traditional stainless steel route because if I have to fork up that much, I might as well get it right the first time around.

My estimated treatment is between 12-15 months and the total cost is $6,178.01 (this includes a Hawaii State Tax of $278.01 and other small miscellaneous expenses). Yes, we pay taxes on our medical and dental service rendered. :ThumbsDown:

lollypop

Re: Just curious about everyone's treatment cost

#2 Post by lollypop »

I live in the UK. My total cost was £6000 for lingual on top and clear ceramics in bottom. Metal would have been about £2000 cheaper but I really wanted something more subtle.
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

millersgirl

#3 Post by millersgirl »

My treatment for ceramic uppers traditional metal lowers for 30 months was around $8,000 and I live in California. That's not including the oral surgeries. I'm PRAYING my impacted canine comes down so I don't have to pay another $8000 for an implant. :|

6bug

#4 Post by 6bug »

Lollypop, that's almost 10K US dollars! I was a little peeved about my cost and thought it to be outrageous! However, in the grand scheme of things, that is a small price to pay.

Millersgirl, I'm fortunate I didn't need extractions or oral surgery before getting braced. I do have a missing lower right molar (my chewing molar) that can't be closed with braces due to bone loss. I may consider implants after the braces come off but I'm not sure if I want to pay another 6 grand to replace a tooth that is in the back and not that obvious to another human eye. My ortho said I don't have to replace it as long as I am diligent in wearing my retainers as instructed so my upper tooth that sits on top the missing tooth won't come down. I see you're half way into your treatment!

currystained

#5 Post by currystained »

I'm in the UK; have ceramic upper and lower brackets, estimated treatment time 18 months, estimated cost approx. £3,600. I understand that also includes permanent retainers at the end of treatment, with tooth reshaping. I guess I'll be covering the tooth whitening myself :)

BeautifulDisaster

#6 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I live in California, and orthodontic treatment seems pretty pricey in my area.
24 month treatment (traditional metal braces) NOT including retainers is $6,000 at my ortho's office. It's an additional $200 per jaw for clear brackets. Retainer costs TBD.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

orchid

#7 Post by orchid »

I live in Scandinavia and my treatment with lingual uppers and ceramic lowers cost about 6400 dollars. I thought it was relatively cheap.

aspiromusings

#8 Post by aspiromusings »

Singapore and total cost is US$ 4,505 exc. extractions and final retainers
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

MoonSwan

#9 Post by MoonSwan »

I live in the middle of nowhere in Pennsylvania in the USA (thought this was important because I don't live close to Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, two very large cities). I got clear ceramic braces on top and bottom, plus an upper expander, and my total treatment cost is $4,471 (which includes final retainers) for an estimated 15-18 months treatment time.

PhDGuy

#10 Post by PhDGuy »

I live a couple of hours away from Houston, TX and my orthodontist is about an hour out of Houston. I have top and bottom Damon 3MX self ligating braces with an estimated treatment time of 18 months. Total cost inclusive of records, retainers, and night guard is $6300 and out of pocket cost is ~ $3500.

Top and Bottom Damon 3MX Braces put on 4/13/2015

buffon85

#11 Post by buffon85 »

I live in Greece, I have visited two orthos, one told me about 1800 metallic, 2000 metallic bottom ceramic top, 2200 ceramic top bottom. the other 2400 ceramic.
retainers included, any dental work and extractions are not included, but I have a dentist who is a friend of my parents. I will visit a doctor now who asked a friend of mine 2500, retainers and dental work included and he debraced her and rebraced(I hope there verbs make sense :-* ) her for her wedding for free! :D
all prices are in euro!

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

ItsFreyja

#12 Post by ItsFreyja »

Suburban US, tons of orthos in the area (more competition = lower prices?). I'm paying $2,800 for 12 months of metal braces. I received quotes from other orthos that were as much as twice than that, though.

MissV

#13 Post by MissV »

Total cost for damon clear braces upper and lower a little over $6,000. Luckily with the $1,500 employer contribution plus a $1,300 discount for my ortho being an in-network provider and a 3% discount for paying my ortho the balance in full, my out of pocket expense was around $3,800. FYI: The ortho is located in the Washington, DC area.

Viconia

#14 Post by Viconia »

I'm in the UK (central London) and paying £6500 for lingual uppers and ceramic lowers.

The price includes use of sure smile technology to shorten the total time I'll be braced for and includes fixed and removable retainers once braces are off.

My treatment time is 14-16 months.
Fully braced on the 31st of July 2015 with Suresmile linguals on upper arch, and American Orthodontics 'Radiance' on lower arch.
Sentence: 18 months with early release at 14 months for good behaviour.

deathorglory

#15 Post by deathorglory »

Hi 6bug!

I used to live in Honolulu and was quoted about $8k for invisalign (which I was told still wouldn't fully correct everything...I'd need full on metal braces for that for about $6.5k) and I want to say it was at Ala Moana Dental. They were my regular dentist and are amazingly awesome and did a great job with my cleanings (check them out on Yelp...what dentist gets 5 stars?!).

I now live in Seattle and I paid $7.2k for my full metal braces (not including jaw surgery, which I just had at the end of March). I was told that, with extractions and a longer term in braces, we could fix MOST of my overbite for about $8.6k. I was reimbursed $2k by my dental insurance though. And these are the lower prices for my orthodontist because I paid cash up front (would have been higher for credit card payment up front or monthly installment payment plan). My price also includes my final retainers and all adjustments. But if I don't do as they ask and my treatment gets extended because of noncompliance, I could owe them more. I forget the exact pricing...

Maybe shop around a bit more? I know that I was willing to go with Ala Moana Dental because they had such good reviews and seemed so on top of it with my cleanings, etc (like, they knew my name without me signing in every visit) so I didn't have a problem paying more. I'm sure places in Kailua would be higher and Wahiawa would be cheaper, but you've gotta feel comfortable with the orthodontist, too, ya know? :) Good luck with your search!
Braces on March 7th, 2014
Lower Jaw Surgery (BSSO) March 30th, 2015