Just curious about everyone's treatment cost

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Melody5

Re: Just curious about everyone's treatment cost

#16 Post by Melody5 »

Mine cost $6,125.75 exactly and my Ortho is in Mississippi. I know sometimes price varies on the state and city. I opted for the clear upper and metal lower. It's pricey but I know in the end it's going to be worth it.

jaime

#17 Post by jaime »

I am paying $6200 minus the $2500 my insurance covers: $3700.

My oral surgeries consultation was $100 and the molds/records fee for my double jaw surgery next month was $800. The surgeries themselves are covered under provincial health care.

I also ended up having to pay for my lower wisdom teeth removals as I had already exceeded my insurance for the year. That was about $900.

So all in all: $5400.

I'm in Canada and feel this is very reasonable.

There is also this forum post from awhile back with a lot more answers. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46782
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Featheryy1221

#18 Post by Featheryy1221 »

For metal braces and my palatal expander, my cost was $6,200. This includes the cost of my bite splint for after braces (to help prevent my essix retainers from breaking). Supposedly the splint should be covered by insurance and is about $590. So my braces might just be $5,600ish. And I'll get a refund for paying the cost of the splint.

I also had to get my impacted wisdom teeth out. The cost for that was going to be about $3,000. Luckily insurance covered the entire thing!! :)

If they hadn't though, that's $9,000 just on my mouth! So crazy!!!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

samoorelaw

#19 Post by samoorelaw »

$6,895 + an additional $175 for the new Essix bottom retainer I just decided to get. All out of pocket.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

UnevenJAG

#20 Post by UnevenJAG »

In Australia - $7,500 for approx 24-36 months of treatment. I have clear braces on my uppers but when my lowers go on it will just be stand metal ones I think.
Rebates from my health insurance is $2000 (can only claim up to $700 per annum)

Ontop of that I paid for surgery to expose an impacted canine before braces went on.
**Uppers Braced 18/07/2014**
**Bottoms Braced 17/09/2015**
Double Jaw surgery 11th Jan 2017
Blog - http://jacintasjawsurgery.com

teeebeee

#21 Post by teeebeee »

I never thought I'd be so glad I have such gappy teeth! :lol: It means, in the first instance, that I just need the top half dozen front ones moving back into place (not quite as simple as that but sort of). So, I have self ligating ceramic brackets and wires (I think, I don't listen, I just go to my happy place when I'm in the dentist's chair and tune out!) and they're costing £1450. The initial doings were about £175 and I'll need a frenectomy when we're done which, with the retaining wire behind the teeth and the actual removable retainer is another couple of hundred, I think. It should all come in at under 2 grand which I think is the bargain of the century, tbh. If only this treatment had been available at this price years, nay, decades ago! Life would've been different...sad but true. :roll:

There is other work that will need doing but my dentist is a wise man and obviously realised that it would be much better to get the cosmetic bit done first and we'll deal with the other bits later when I can fill in the paperwork without shaking! I do have a slightly wonky tooth on my bottom row and, depending how it goes, I may get it fixed. Getting this done is addictive, isn't it? The thought of being able to do a 'proper' smile at my son's wedding in August still thrills me...

T xx

28monthjourney

#22 Post by 28monthjourney »

Somewhere between 2000 and 3000 for 28 months of braces in the SF Bay Area!
Sentence:
28 months in full upper and lower braces, open coil spring for additional alignment space for permanent teeth to erupt, elastics to align back bite, bite turbos, and palate expander.

bracefaceekimmie

#23 Post by bracefaceekimmie »

No insurance, but I'm paying no more then $3000 here in San Diego California. Was quoted 4800+ at alot of places. Good friend recommended this ortho, and saved me tthousands. I haven't gotten the final price, but promises no more than that.

bangbangprettypretty

#24 Post by bangbangprettypretty »

My ceramic braces, expose and bond surgery and two tooth extractions have cost me £300 (for the braces) - bless the NHS!

lollypop

#25 Post by lollypop »

currystained wrote:I'm in the UK; have ceramic upper and lower brackets, estimated treatment time 18 months, estimated cost approx. £3,600. I understand that also includes permanent retainers at the end of treatment, with tooth reshaping. I guess I'll be covering the tooth whitening myself :)
Gosh that's much cheaper than mine! I have moderate to severe crowding so thought that's what pushed up the cost for me.
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

robgs

#26 Post by robgs »

I had my braces for 21 months and was just de-braced yesterday. The treatment cost was about $1,400 here in Arizona. Top and bottom Hawley retainers were $300. All the best!

LittleSern

#27 Post by LittleSern »

Damon System, 12-18 months, $6300

PhDGuy

#28 Post by PhDGuy »

LittleSern wrote:Damon System, 12-18 months, $6300
Wow, our cost is identical for an 18 month treatment time! I, however, have all metal Damon braces.

Top and Bottom Damon 3MX Braces put on 4/13/2015

newbite

#29 Post by newbite »

I'm happy to see all of the other sixes in here, my braces are a bit more than $6,000, too. I wonder if I could have gotten them cheaper if I shopped around but I decided not to because I wanted a worry-free experience over a money saving one and so far this ortho is delivering! Worry free in terms of wondering if they know what the heck they're doing and if they care about me as a patient. ie, I ask tons of questions and would probably be annoying for a lot of drs but my office treats me like they have nothing better to do than answer my questions. And that's how it should be, I think! :)
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

WiredWeaver

#30 Post by WiredWeaver »

Canadian here. It's costing me about $6800. I paid a $1000 down payment and have monthly payments for the next 24 months.