My color ties keep coming off?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FinallyBracesFree

My color ties keep coming off?

#1 Post by FinallyBracesFree »

Hey guys! I have a question.

I guess because of how well and how long I brush, the color ties keep coming off my braces. It's only on the bottom cause I have a power chain on the top. But they've pretty much all come off. I only have 3 left on the bottom and my next appointment isn't for a couple weeks.

Does it matter if these come off? Is it important? Does this happen to anyone else?

EWUgal15

Re: My color ties keep coming off?

#2 Post by EWUgal15 »

The color ties are what hold the wire in your brackets. Without them, you are at risk of the wire popping out. Without a wire, your braces aren't doing anything. Call your orthodontist and get in there ASAP. They will see you before an adjustment for things like this. If brushing is causing the ties to come off, you should talk to your orthodontist about your routine and make sure you're not over doing it.

vaselina

Re: My color ties keep coming off?

#3 Post by vaselina »

I agree, you need to see your orthodontist sooner than a few weeks. At the very least, contact your orthodontist and let him/her know what is going on. If your wire has any chance to move on its own, it might set your treatment back quite a bit.