Plz look at our Message Board on your Smartphone!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Plz look at our Message Board on your Smartphone!

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Our message board was recently upgraded to be mobile-friendly. Please view it on your Smartphone and let me know what you think! Is it readable enough and usable enough for you?

Thanks!
Lynn

p.s. for those of you involved in tech, you may know that "Mobile-gedden" is coming on April 21st (gee, thanks, Google!) That is the main reason we did this -- we don't want to lose our Google organic rankings in mobile or in any other form (as my happen in the future -- you never know what Google is going to throw at you so it's best to appease the Google Gods).
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Skeetergirl

Re: Plz look at our Message Board on your Smartphone!

#2 Post by Skeetergirl »

It is readable for me on iPhone 6 now (always has been okay on iPad mini and iPad Air 2).

Braces, Transpalatal Arch and Lower Lingual Arch
Start Date: 05/20/2015 (1 week before my 56th birthday)
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Debond Date: 10/19/2017 (2 years 5 months)

ljms

#3 Post by ljms »

It looks much better than it did yesterday. The default font is a little small for my middle-aged eyes but it's readable on a Nexus 4.

On my tablet (Nexux 10), I keep getting the desktop site. A link to the mobile site would satisfy me. Tablets can be a challenge for responsive sites.

Lorianne

#4 Post by Lorianne »

Looks great, very readable, and I like that I can still pinch and zoom if I need to.

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

ljms wrote:It looks much better than it did yesterday. The default font is a little small for my middle-aged eyes but it's readable on a Nexus 4.

On my tablet (Nexux 10), I keep getting the desktop site. A link to the mobile site would satisfy me. Tablets can be a challenge for responsive sites.
Yes, the regular desktop site will appear on a tablet in most cases.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

lollypop

#6 Post by lollypop »

Looks much better on my X-peria z2 than it did a couple of day ago when it had been optimised but wasn't the full width of my screen.

Thanks so much for doing this. I only really use it on my phone and it was getting really irritating punching and zooming.

Plus I imagine your retention will go up.
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

musicbrace

#7 Post by musicbrace »

Will there be an app for this forum in the future?

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

musicbrace wrote:Will there be an app for this forum in the future?
The only app we may possibly hook up with is TapaTalk. (We won't be developing an app, if that's your question).

djspeece

#9 Post by djspeece »

Looks very good on my H_T_C E_V_O 4G LTE Android!

Note: After posting I saw a string of "spam spam spam" so am hoping that placing underscores between the letters prevents that
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

aspiromusings

#10 Post by aspiromusings »

I would love it if the message board were more user friendly on mobile otherwise the site works fine :D
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

newbite

#11 Post by newbite »

Hi! Is there anyway that the name of the person who started the topic could be shown on the mobile version in the list of forum posts? Right now it only says who made the last post. I miss being able to see who made the original post! Thanks! :tingrin:
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351