I want to go back...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

almighty061582

I want to go back...

#1 Post by almighty061582 »

I've had braces for nearly two years. I've had terrible mood swings, low testosterone, strange skin and hair issues, my sleep has been terrible... I felt great right before I got them on. Ever since it has been a battle. I suffered facial hypertrophy stemming from a fight when I was a kid. The left side of my face grew longer than the right. I have a narrow upper palate. My orthodontist informed me that he would try to get some expansion on the uppers and correct my bite.

Today I looked at my pre-brace pictures. My face has grown much longer on the left side than even previously... my cheek bones have sunken in my lips don't even look the same. I know that there is a lot of stigma against people that claim this type of thing, but I don't want to debate or argue today.

I just want to know if anyone has had orthodontic work reversed. The orthodontist definitely pushed my teeth back, especially the front... they used to flair out a bit now they point almost inward... I just want my old face back, I want these symptoms to go away. I am tired of this all, I should have just stuck with what I had in the first place. Vanity got me into trouble... I am looking for any advice anyone has to offer... I am desperate here. I just want my old self back.

vaselina

Re: I want to go back...

#2 Post by vaselina »

[quote="almighty061582"]I've had braces for nearly two years. I've had terrible mood swings, low testosterone, strange skin and hair issues, my sleep has been terrible... I felt great right before I got them on. Ever since it has been a battle. [/quote]

Have you considered seeing an allergist? You could have a mild allergy to one of materials of your braces.

As for your other issue, I don't know. :( This is my second time in braces and my face looks funky and different each time. Just having the braces in your mouth makes everything look a little exaggerated. I would suggest either toughing it out or getting a second opinion from another orthodontist. It is natural to think the worst of ourselves, and perfectly natural to second guess this treatment.