Look what can happen in 1 year!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sheilas

Re: Look what can happen in 1 year!

#46 Post by sheilas »

I noticed that your bottom teeth were crowded to begin with. Did you get any extractions there?

TheProfessor

#47 Post by TheProfessor »

sheilas wrote:I noticed that your bottom teeth were crowded to begin with. Did you get any extractions there?
Nope, no extractions. At my first consultation there was talk of possibly needing to take out one lower incisor, but after measurements on the models my orthodontist decided that an extraction wouldn't be necessary. I had some IPR done on my lower teeth in February to make them less "fan-shaped" and to make some room for them to straighten out. This seems to have done the job and my lowers are looking even better now. Hopefully I'll be done in 7 months or less!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

sheilas

#48 Post by sheilas »

Ok, that is encouraging. The reason I asked is I have crowded upper arch. Initially, the ortho said I will need extractions but revisited the plan and is trying the non-extraction approach first! My upper front incisors are huge (bigger than any of my other teeth, like Bugs Bunny, lol). I am hoping that I may not need extractions down the line (which I am told may be necessary if space isn't gained), but would be nice if alternates such as IPR is considered in that case!

Eve255

#49 Post by Eve255 »

Wow! What A difference, that's great.

isishdz

#50 Post by isishdz »

That is awesome!

bracedorange

#51 Post by bracedorange »

Fantastic progress!